My first 80 series, is this LX 450 a good deal or not? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, Im looking to get an 80 series, I currently have an 07 xterra. Ive been keeping an eye on BAT and autotempest and this lexus came up.

Assuming the bid doesn't jump up, I'm sure it will though, how does this look to everyone? I've been going over the forums and other internet resources on what to look out for.

I think the photos show some needed interior work but mechanically it looks like it's in decent shape, maybe under 10-12k would be a good deal, or have I missed something glaring?

Find out more about the rust on fenders and mismatched paint. Looks OK, seems to drive fine in the video. I personally would prefer one without the lift and 35” tires, but maybe that’s exactly what you’re looking for. It’s certainly a good deal at the current price.

Looks pretty good to me, would likely be a good buy at the right price, but I'd echo the above. Also would want to get any further info about known condition or age of baseline related parts - cooling, braking, steering/knuckles, so on. You can tell from some of the pictures there's some work to be done in that regard.

That said, this is my neighbor's exact setup, color and all, although he has sliders. I can say it's a damn fine looking truck.

Last edited:
Overall, looks pretty good.
While lifted and and on nice tires, I didn't see any obvious rock dings, no obvious mud packed in anywhere, so that's good.

But there are some issues.
The heater valve is ready to self district. If you get this, don't even touch the heater valve with/o a new one in hand.
There is also no sign of caster correction, probably drives squirrely AF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom