Builds My First 40 build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Found these. Will get PC in white

EF110F98-2AD9-44EC-B8F6-EA6493FCA754.jpeg

Finding new lift springs is proving to be a challenge 🤦🏻‍♂️

So last night I change the spark plugs plug wires cap rotor and put in the new petronix electronic ignition and coil . It starts faster and idles smooth but still has a hesitation. I pulled the air cleaner and seen the housing was hitting on the accelerator pump ( also learned that it is not the factory carb 😞). So now what to do 🤷‍♂️ Try and find a carb ? Don’t waste anymore time and go straight to 2f with Sniper 😃.

Question can i run the holly sniper efi on the F motor ? i have only seen it for 2 F ?

@Firemedic831

So what rig are these axles for?!? Wrong front diff drop for the 40. This is some serious hardware.

Cool to see those old school pics. The old FLCA pirate crew is who I grew hearing stories and hanging around bothering when i was 16-17.

@Firemedic831

So what rig are these axles for?!? Wrong front diff drop for the 40. This is some serious hardware.

That is my FJ Cruiser stuff

Some of the FJc stuff

So i am at a bit of a crossroads now . To leave it all stock , Or to build it like i would like it to be . One side of me says these are getting hard to find and its kinda cool all stock . The other side says I am not a purest and i only live once why build it nice to not use it and someday someone else will enjoy it HMM. . Option 2 is to find another one to build . I do have the option to trade my Samurai for a FJ that has a v8 and is decent. More projects more money less time to enjoy them . Maybe keep it all in the Toyota family and use the best Toyota parts i can. ?

So i am at a bit of a crossroads now . To leave it all stock , Or to build it like i would like it to be . One side of me says these are getting hard to find and its kinda cool all stock . The other side says I am not a purest and i only live once why build it nice to not use it and someday someone else will enjoy it HMM. . Option 2 is to find another one to build . I do have the option to trade my Samurai for a FJ that has a v8 and is decent. More projects more money less time to enjoy them . Maybe keep it all in the Toyota family and use the best Toyota parts i can. ?
I would get the v8 cruiser and modify that. Plenty of 40s out their that are cut up a little that you can modify to hearts content rather than mess with a pure 40. Plus cruisers that are a little chopped up are cheaper to buy.

@ White Stripe i think i have some pics from a few years ago with you at Cruise Moab. when we ran Kane Creek and also we did Hells revenge I had my FJc Its changed Alot since then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom