My first 100 series - 2004 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Very excited to finally be able to create a "build" thread on this site as I've been a lurker for years. Also, thank you to everyone that commented and weighed in on my classifieds post asking about value and if this thing was worth it! FWIW, I don't really intend on "building" this as most of you guys do. I only plan on doing a few mountain trips a year so this will be more of a place that I do more updates/fixes. With that said, I already mind myself looking at TRD/Tundra Wheels, larger tires, racks and sliders.....Oh and maybe a lift if my AHC goes out.....Now on to the details:
  • 2004 LX470 - Blizzard Pearl w/Grey interior
  • Original Options - Mark Levinson and DVD players in the headrest
  • 299,010 Miles - One owner prior to me.
  • brand new Goodyear All Terrain Adventures
  • Timing belt/WP done 14k miles ago
  • AHC seems to be working great but I will be getting this inspected
Needs/Short Term wants:
  • A huge detail. There is grim, dirt and crap caked in the lines of the body moldings. The interior is dirty as well. It needs a really good steam clean.
  • Power Steering Leak - I thought it was the pump and/or the rack but after getting under the truck for a few hrs, I am thinking it is actually the high pressure hoses. I'll probably replace both pump and lines just to be sure.
  • Rear speakers are blown. - Already ordered the simply speaker kit so we will see how that goes.
  • Remove running boards
  • Interior LEDs

IMG_2033.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2030.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

Man. I got the pressure waasher out for about 5 min and sprayed the wheels as well as the "lines" in one of the moldings that was cakes in dirt and what appears to be algae :meh: That one door is like a brand new car. I'm going to finish it up tomorrow and I will try to take some before and after shots if anyone cars. I reckon this thread will be a lot of me talking to myself but hey, we all do it!!

This Vol fan feels your pain.

Nice score for $5k. You stole the thing from your friend.

Yeah it’s looking that way. But hey, he had his eyes on a new car and threw out $5800 per KBB and all I did was negotiate about $1000 off bc of repairs needed. He’s happy, I obviously am. So winners all around.

Wow. The difference a power wash can do! Also who ever created ATP 205 deserves a dang medal. I poured about 1/3 of a bottle in and it honestly stopped 90% of my leak. I’ve never had success with leak stop in the past but I’m honestly amazed. I’m going to flush, refill and add another 1/3 this weekend.
DD4540E8-0A99-4BD6-A96D-6188E118E99E.jpeg

F2665C63-21F6-442F-9C7F-79FA96E8AFB3.jpeg

Updated first post with the maintenance records I was able to pull. Extremely happy with the records as everything has been done at a Lexus dealer up to that last oil change 1000 miles ago!

Just a quick update for those who care hahaha. A couple things to note.
  • Again, ATP 205 is honestly a miracle worker. Now 97% of the leak is gone. No dripping at all just minor residue fluid here and there. I know this is just a band-aid but it will give me a little while to source parts. I think what I am going to do is replace the rack, pump and hoses and call it a day.
    • After going through the maint records looks like this was all replaced besides the hoses. Will get that done now.
  • While messing with the PS stuff, I notice a bit of "seepage" from what appears to be the lower oil pan. Is this a common issue? Regardless, if its an original gasket, theres a very high chance it needs replaced after 300k
  • Wow this interior is dirty. The light gray carpet is tough to get cleaned. I spent probably a total of 6 hours over the weekend on the interior and it looks much better but my handheld bissle shampooer isn't doing the job. Ill probably take the seats out and have a pro handle the dirty work.
  • Man did I forget how much I love driving older cars. I sold my last E46 m3 about 18 months ago and have only been driving my 17 King Ranch or my wifes SUV with all the electronics/lane keeps/smooth rides/etc. Man all that stuff sucks. Nothing better then drive this boat around, windows down, high up with the straight up and down windshield and one of the 6 speakers working.
Overall, I couldn't be more excited to have bought this car. This purchase has lead me to thinking about selling my F150 and searching for a sub 150k Land Cruiser (what I originally wanted) or a 200 series. If I go that route, I can see myself "building" this up a little bit with bumpers, sliders, lift, wheels/tires. Who knows, I change my mind every day.

Last edited:
Guess I can't update the first post so i'll add it here.

Maint history for the last 50k and dates back to 05/2015 for the 251k service. Anything beyond that isn't as relevant to me.
  • 298K (going back every 5000 miles this service happens) - 5k mile "better service" - Basically an oil change.
  • 285k - 30k mile service interval - Replaced both front axels and seals, AC Compressor and dryer, Cam and Crank seals, valve cover gaskets and rear main.
  • 281k - Replaced front brakes. Replaced Evap core, compressor clutch, dryer and o rings
  • 275k - Timing belt and WP and drive belts - Curtain shield airbag
  • 269k - Steering rack replaced
  • 264k - Replaced Lower control arms and ball joints
  • 251k - Replaced all 4 rotors and pads
Interesting that the lexus dealer states the timing belt was done at 250k but the sticker says 276k. Not sure why it would be done twice in 25k miles. Everything beyond this is general maint or a repeat of above. Timing belts, oil changes, tires, brakes, batteries, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom