My family has just become afflicted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There is a work around for the Radio/climate system that I think plugs into the back of the head unit. Got a buddy @1428Mike that used a blue tooth dongle in his 2004. Maybe he can chime in.

I’d like to ask the group. On my wife’s 04... the stereo and climate control are all through the head unit. Is there a replacement that allows better bluetooth linking of phone and Sirius/xm? Please let me know because I got her so excited about LCs but this is a disappointment now... help?
Chris,

First off welcome to the club, love the pics. I had an 03 (totaled) and now an 04 and have great success with the Tranzit Blu HF in both. Bluetooth set up that I stream everything from my phone. Simple install, I have the mic on the top of the A pillar and the small button to answer calls or skip to the next song on the dash. I have my phone in a Ram Mount on the dash so I can see what is streaming and see texts. You can even respond to text messages by talk text feature on iPhone. Runs about 69.00, simple one banana install.

Best price on eBay. iSimple ISFM2351 TranzIt Bluetooth Factory Radio Module - Black for sale online | eBay

Several install videos on youtube

Good luck
M

Chris,

First off welcome to the club, love the pics. I had an 03 (totaled) and now an 04 and have great success with the Tranzit Blu HF in both. Bluetooth set up that I stream everything from my phone. Simple install, I have the mic on the top of the A pillar and the small button to answer calls or skip to the next song on the dash. I have my phone in a Ram Mount on the dash so I can see what is streaming and see texts. You can even respond to text messages by talk text feature on iPhone. Runs about 69.00, simple one banana install.

Best price on eBay. iSimple ISFM2351 TranzIt Bluetooth Factory Radio Module - Black for sale online | eBay

Several install videos on youtube

Good luck
M
3C1931A5-3455-41D9-8AC8-56F01A049EA2.jpeg
ABB8C125-9D8C-4F29-8119-C82534D02530.jpeg

Used a mild piece of steel to custom make a bracket that uses one of the bolts on the dash to mount to. Pretty solid. Also use my phone for navigation, just turn off the voice controls for mac and music/podcast won’t be interrupted. There are the big consoles that replace the entire center console, threads in the 100 series section of mud, looks like a Tesla screen. They run over 1k!!

Thanks to everyone for replies. I made the mistake of showing her the Tesla computer swap and now she’s hooked on that. if/when it’s done i’ll post some pics

Thanks to everyone for replies. I made the mistake of showing her the Tesla computer swap and now she’s hooked on that. if/when it’s done i’ll post some pics
Good luck with that, happy wife, hap.....oh it doesnt matter;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom