My experience buying sight unseen 2000LX TX to Michigan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First of all what a community we have here. I found this 2000LX for sale from a fellow board member. The transaction could not have gone smoother. I used @Riverrunner to ship from Texas to Michigan. Picked up on a Friday afternoon and the truck was in my driveway Sunday night at 10:00 pm EST.

The truck is exactly as described with 21 years of service history. Zero rust, and I mean zero. I'm a lifelong rustbelt citizen. I've never seen a frame this clean on a 21-year-old car in my life. After I bought my wife the white 05, I knew I was going to look for a black LX with no nav. I absolutely hate the nav/HVAC integration. These are grocery haulers and highway cruisers for road trips for glamping with our 4 kids. The new to me 100 has brand new roadwire interior front and back seats, new pioneer head unit Bluetooth, car play etc, backup camera. It is like sitting in a new car that's 21 years old. I'm not sure kids ever sat in this car, no carpet stains and the carpet is original. 3rd row is immaculate. The only unexpected thing I found was that the sunroof only opens halfway, the cloth slider gets jammed halfway into being retracted. And when going over big bumps I can hear a bracket or something busted where the sunroof track are located. This is very low on the priority list. I can still open it halfway which is good for the foreseeable future.

Entire Service History, all major maintenance is already done, seller is a board member here so things like Heater T's all done on time. Everything works as it should. I know I have some expenses coming soon like AHC service, ball joints, etc. I don't like the tires, they ride much rougher than the Michellen defenders on my wife's 05. But I don't care enough to change them as they have another 20K left or so. Overall I am extremely happy especially since I had not even seen the car in person. The transmission is just as silky smooth as the 05 which has 256K miles.

I could never figure out why everyone demanded finding rust-free 100's. Having grown up and lived around rust my entire life I didn't know any different and figured I'd never see what rust-free really meant. Having seen the difference and "feeling" the difference between my 21-year-old native TX, salt/rust free truck and my wife's 05 lx native Michigan truck is night and day. When you start the 00 it just sounds really really clean/smooth and all the external components/hardware feel like new still, door handles, rear hatch hardware, mirrors, etc.. The whole truck just "Feels" a little healthier I don't know how to describe it. My 05 is by no means a rust bucket, but if I showed you an underside comparison, you would run in horror after seeing the surface rust on the white truck.

Yes, it was nerve-wracking, but I did as much due diligence as I could and the whole process took less than 4 days to get money changed hands and title/truck in the driveway from 1200 miles away.

Here she is still for sale in TX - combined picts.pdf - https://www.dropbox.com/s/tbqgbi7bpv473i8/combined%20picts.pdf?dl=0

Picture below is in my driveway this morning safe and sound!

Total price - 10,500 + shipping. (totally worth the shipping cost)

Big thanks to @Riverrunner for coming in under budget and a day early with shipping!!

63992066300__D0639E80-243D-4040-9BE7-4448D62712AF.fullsizerender.jpg

And THAT is why we admonish "Don't buy rust"....though many from the rust belt continue to do so.

Congratulations. Part of me is happy for you for having seen what a nice, rust free vehicle is like. The other part is sad...knowing the vehicle is now going to die a slow death in the rust belt.

Enjoy it.

And THAT is why we admonish "Don't buy rust"....though many from the rust belt continue to do so.

Congratulations. Part of me is happy for you for having seen what a nice, rust free vehicle is like. The other part is sad...knowing the vehicle is now going to die a slow death in the rust belt.

Enjoy it.
LOL, I have a full fluid film arsenal ready to protect both of my 100's

Tell us about the leather. That's nice work.

Never mind, just found it but never heard of roadwire.

Let us know when you'd like a hand tip-toeing off of that pink cloud.

Tell us about the leather. That's nice work.

Never mind, just found it but never heard of roadwire.
Well it looks brand new. Whoever installed it did a great job. Perfect match

LOL, I have a full fluid film arsenal ready to protect both of my 100's

Good man and thank you for preserving it. Nice find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom