My Expedition 100 Series Is Up For Sale! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice Kevin.

If I had to do it over again, I would just purchase a modded, baselined, and maintained Land Cruiser (especially from a LC enthusiast (sp?) than a stock one from a dealer.

Good luck with the sale!

i'll take it for $5000:grinpimp: just kidding.

looks nice. good luck

Wow - no cruisers in the family now? Can't say I blame you regarding the housing. If you can pounce on something in this falling market, go for it.

Wow - no cruisers in the family now? Can't say I blame you regarding the housing. If you can pounce on something in this falling market, go for it.

I always heard Cali real estate is a risk free investment. Is the housing market falling way over there :rolleyes:?

Smit

Just buy an acre of land, you could live in the Hundy with the RTT and an Expedition trailer!
Write it off as a office expense and turn the land into a wheeling park.

okay, so an acre is a pretty small park, but still....
The City of Portland has a park that's about 10 square feet.

You've got a tent, what more do you need? :confused:

:D

Good luck with the sale and house purchase.

Smitty - YES, big time. Foreclosures are skyrocketing, especially out in the inland empire area. Those that got in on low down mortgages, etc with risky longer term rates are now defaulting. Recession, and yes, we're in a recession even if DC won't use the term, has hit CA housing in a big way. Will it rebound? Yes, it always does, but it may take more than a few years this time around. It's even hit behind the Orange Curtain, but not quite as bad. If you've got a stable job(s) and can qualify for a conventional mortage, now is actually a good time to buy because there are deals to be had and interest rates haven't gone up yet.

Kevin is actually being quite smart here IMHO! :clap:

I hear ya Brent, I was j/k. It is a wise move. I talk to clients all day long about dollar cost averaging and the way it can generate great wealth. Right now almost everything is on sale (except energy and other commodities, that shoe will drop sooner than later). Cash is KING. The rich get richer! Between real estate and more liquid investments right now, long term wealth is ripe for the picking. Corrections really are not a bad thing. Hopfully the globe is learning a stern lesson right now...which it isn't and we will do this all over again a couple more times in our lifetime.

thread jack off. I really like that 100, I really miss California and the gold in them there hills.

Smit

Smitty - YES, big time. Foreclosures are skyrocketing, especially out in the inland empire area. Those that got in on low down mortgages, etc with risky longer term rates are now defaulting. Recession, and yes, we're in a recession even if DC won't use the term, has hit CA housing in a big way. Will it rebound? Yes, it always does, but it may take more than a few years this time around. It's even hit behind the Orange Curtain, but not quite as bad. If you've got a stable job(s) and can qualify for a conventional mortage, now is actually a good time to buy because there are deals to be had and interest rates haven't gone up yet.

Yeah and don't forget to bring 25% down payment with you... NO MATTER what your credit score is.

Kevin, sorry to hear that you are selling your truck. Nice looking one too!! If you need help looking for houses in San Diego let me know and I will see what I can do for you. Good luck with your sale!

Yes, this may be the first time in over 10 years, i will not have a cruiser or some sort in the driveway, wont be for long though, once the house is purchased and we are stable, you can bet your ass there will be a cruiser of some model in the driveway getting worked on!

I always heard Cali real estate is a risk free investment. Is the housing market falling way over there :rolleyes:?

Smit

Yes, big time! IMHO the housing prices are right about where i think they should be and what i think they are worth. The last 4 years in San Diego were ridiculous and people were getting hosed left and right buying way over priced fixer uppers and now they are stuck. Good example, we have lived in our house (that we rent) for about 2.5 years, when we first moved in we went for walks at night and always grabbed the fliers of the neighboring houses for sale, most were around $600-700k which was ridiculous for what they were! We still collect those flyers and saw a nice 3bed/2bath with fatty garage 3 blocks over from us go for $385k, probably woulda been $600 or so 3 years ago. Foreclosures and skyrocketing, and i aint a man to kick someone while there down, but i will make an exeption for this! :D

Just buy an acre of land, you could live in the Hundy .

Trust me, crossed my mind! :D If i could talk her into moving to Baja with me to Gonzaga Bay, i would already be there! :D

Yeah, we are very fortunate to both have stable "Non Economy Related" jobs and make good $. We can easily qualify for a conventional mortage (wouldnt even CONSIDER one of the shady ones, its 30 year fixed or nothing!!!), we are still doing all of our research, but we got a nice nest egg stashed and the $ from the 100 will be the "Final Piece Of The Downpayment Pie" :D

When am i not? :D My truck and everything on it are completely paid off so the $ i get for it is mine and i am free to do whatever i wish, so i feel i am doing the right thing here selling it to buy a home in this time of foreclosures and good deals! The deals are out there and my neighborhood is proof! Thanks for the vote of confidence Brent!

Yeah and don't forget to bring 25% down payment with you... NO MATTER what your credit score is.

As usual, you post up without all the facts and are wrong, plain and simple, but i wont go there, please stay on topic and email me if you want to discuss further

If you need help looking for houses in San Diego let me know and I will see what I can do for you. Good luck with your sale!

Ha! I sense you may be a real estate agent? I appreciate the offer, but let me tell you this, i am THE WORST customer you would EVER have guarenteed!!! I am "The A-Hole" that salesman talk about after i leave. I almost got into a shoving match when i went to the local toyota dealer a few months ago (true story) asking to see a WHITE Tunda, guy replies he has no whites and that maybe i should look at RED, i say i dont like red, he replies its really nice, i say i like white, he continues babbling, i tell him he is a douche and shoulda stayed in school instead of trying to talk people into buying stuff they dont want, he proceeds to scream at me right in front of his boss, i told his boss he just cost the dealer a lot of $ and that i thought the punk was a discrace to the Toyota Name, ha, dip**** was fired right in front of me then and there. Yes, i am THAT guy! :D

I am insanely picky with certain things are am already dreading the "House Search" process, i am that grumpy old guy (that is only 32) that wants to make sure the neighbors dont have little kids, barking dogs, etc... and YES, this is on my priorities list! :D Its funny cause the garage is most important to me, and the kitchen is most important to the misses (yes, i found a good one, ha), so the rest of the house is kinda open, but we both have our likes and dislikes and are both as stubborn as mules and wont bend at all. Should a a fun and interesting process to say the least! hehehe

Nice four and a half pages of pimping your ride in the new TT.

That's a hell of a lot better than a craigslist ad.

On topic? lol

Im the only one off topic? :flipoff2: That's hilarious dude, you just replied to everyone's comments and then called mine off topic? LOL

Give me a break dude :princess:

I agree Socalfj, you are on topic as much as anyone. And while there may be exceptions to the 25% down rule, your point was correct IT'S A BI*** TO GET A LOAN.

Boston Mangler, Good luck. I wish I had 25K to blow. Beautiful Rig. Have fun house hunting!

Nice four and a half pages of pimping your ride in the new TT.

Damnit! I still dont have my copy! Arggg

Anyway, there will be once last installment as well detailing "the rest" of it!

Just figured it out...Kevin...no more articles about your rigs in TT. They either get trashed or sold!

God help your realtor. :D

Good luck buddy.

Congrats Kevin!

Good luck with the house hunting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom