My exhaust system has been finished (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'll pick up my truck this afternoon. The tech building the exhaust was able to build duel exhaust for my truck. We used 2" pipe throughout. The mufflers used were reversed glass packs.

We were able to tuck the exhaust very close to the transmission and transfer case whereby I can put a modified skid plate in the stock mounting position to keep out of the danger zone. The tech created heavy duty exhaust hangers and welded to the tubular bar and the frame.

All in all it's a nice set up.

I'll post pics tomorow.

It was $300.00.

I'm not a big fan of the glass pacs. They are way too loud. When I save some more money, I'm going to spring for the Flowmaster round mufflers. They're expensive at $279 a piece.

Might be camera angle but rear brake line looks close to exhaust pipe and looks like it might contact as suspension works up/down.

Wow that looks good!!

What did the $300 include? was that all parts + labor?

I'm putting a new header in this week and i'll have to take it somewhere to install the collector & the rest...

The cost was $300.00 flat for the labor and parts. A great deal. I just don't like the glass packs...the faukers are very, very obnixious. Gets folks attention for sure.

Now I just need to figure out how to jet the carb. It's running way too rich. I tried adjusting the fuel bowles last night, but its still too rich. I might have to re-jet the carb.

I'm getting so restless with the fuel adjustments, I might spring for the fuel injection kit from Edelbrock.

In terms of the pic, it's the camera angle. I have about a foot of clearnance before the axel hits the bump stop.

BTW, I drove the truck around the block. For those of you who are torn on buying the NV4500 becasue of loudness and clunky shifing, those are just rumors. The transmission is very quiet and shifs nicely.

Late,

UNO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom