My EGR Delete. Pictures. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jrmudder92

John R.
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
So it's was all super easy except for that nut in the manifold. So I getto rigged it and put a nut on it and used some exhaust putty. Sent from my iPhone 5 IOS 7 using IH8MUD

image-2216045978.jpg

image-3742127455.jpg

image-2209261505.jpg

image-2319818377.jpg

image-1717879939.jpg

image-3908798607.jpg

Hey John- I had the same issue with that nut and am sitting in a holding pattern until I figure that part out. Are you going to be at Tyler's on Wednesday? I'd really like to take a look at how it finished up.
-Derek

Hey John- I had the same issue with that nut and am sitting in a holding pattern until I figure that part out. Are you going to be at Tyler's on Wednesday? I'd really like to take a look at how it finished up. -Derek

Yea buddy for sure I will be more then happy to show you. See you Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone 5 IOS 7 using IH8MUD

What is the benefit of this?

It's gets rid of all the emissions stuff. I have noticed just a little bit increase a power. And makes the engine look a lot cleaner. I've haven't had any harm from it so far taking it off.

Sent from my iPhone 5 IOS 7 using IH8MUD

What is the benefit of this?

My understanding of it is that this motor wasn't designed to use the EGR. It was added, after the fact, to comply with US emissions.

I wouldn't be able to remove mine. I get a visual inspection every year. EGR is one of the things they look for.

Looks great, I plan on doing the same with my "off road" only truck.

Did you also remove the smog pump?

CEL?

would this throw a CEL? What year is your rig? I'm OBD-II so any CELs will fail my emissions test up here in King County WA.

Shockeere, Torfab deleted mine over a year ago, and I've never thrown a CEL as a result. From what he told me, you should be fine for local emissions here in King Co.

My understanding of it is that this motor wasn't designed to use the EGR. It was added, after the fact, to comply with US emissions.

I wouldn't be able to remove mine. I get a visual inspection every year. EGR is one of the things they look for.

You could do the paper clip 'delete.' Reroute the little hoses and jump the electrical connection with a paperclip. Keeps all the hardware in place while essentially deleting the EGR from the system. I did it to get rid of my CEL and has worked perfect for over a year.

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah I did the redneck delete of my EGR as well. I was throwing a code previously and after the fix all has been good for months.

Yeah I did the redneck delete of my EGR as well. I was throwing a code previously and after the fix all has been good for months.

I also love that the formerly searing hot pipe back there is hand touchable cool even after hours of hot driving. I like knowing a huge source of heat in a crowded area of the engine compartment is gone.

Sent from my iPhone

Quick question. My county does one of those sniff tests (they connect an exhaust sniffer to the exhaust pipe as I dont have and obd2 connection) on the exhaust pipe but no visual inspection, other than looking for the cats. Anyone know if I would have a chance of passing if I removed the egr equipment?

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Has anyone that's desmogged removed the air pump?

If so, thoughts?

It looks like this on mine.

would this throw a CEL? What year is your rig? I'm OBD-II so any CELs will fail my emissions test up here in King County WA.

I used to live in king county- if you do the resistor inline loop for the sensor plug it will pass without any problems. My CEL never came back after that was done, and emissions passed every time.

I've been meaning to do this. I'm tired of the check engine light being on, and have no plans on spending the money to repair the EGR system, so I'd rather ditch it and kill the light.

I've been meaning to do this. I'm tired of the check engine light being on, and have no plans on spending the money to repair the EGR system, so I'd rather ditch it and kill the light.

Will take less then 5 minutes. Less than 1 if you don't have to search for a paper clip!

Sent from my iPhone

Quick question. My county does one of those sniff tests (they connect an exhaust sniffer to the exhaust pipe as I dont have and obd2 connection) on the exhaust pipe but no visual inspection, other than looking for the cats. Anyone know if I would have a chance of passing if I removed the egr equipment?

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

I have the same thing in my county in tx and have had no problems passing. Even two summers ago when I was throwing an o2 sensor code. Thought for sure with my paperclip fix and o2 issue I wouldn't pass but tried it anyways, guy said everything was perfect.

Sent from my iPhone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom