My drawer/fridge slide mod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow, extremely nice and very clever installation @jfrench ! I'd love to talk to you more about the fridge slide design work and going to PM you also to ask about posting this on the website :cool:

How much demand is out here for this sort of setup? I'm pretty far behind on dev since covid hit but open to bumping things up the list?
Thanks! Will respond shortly but feel free to post. I would guess there is a significant demand for a plate. A lot of people on the forum are totally kitted out and have made the choice to essentially completely delete the third row, but I suspect there are just as many who want both and are willing to make compromises like only 1 drawer, homemade narrower dual drawer set up, etc. I sure as hell would have bought a nice CNC'ed piece from you were it available if it's anything like your drawers and at the price point I'm assuming you could come to market with.

Agree 100% - base plate out of CNC, but not wood. Like OP said, even if you use 3/4" ply it will flex with a lot of weight above (mine does!). Modular design would be key from there, ability to add one or two drawers, or a drawer and a fridge, etc... with ability to remove fairly easily.
CNC is computer numerical control...smart engineer types using technology to make things precise. But I agree, a nice heavy duty, thick plastic could work, or aluminum plate like I had originally intended

Was going to say the same thing. And it requires using seat mounting captured nuts that I believe would make switching back and forth between seats and cargo difficult.

I considered buying the universal plate from Goose Gear because it's a little more than half the cost of the 200-specific iteration, but still not worth it in my estimation.
Yeah my thoughts exactly, not completely recreating the wheel here, since the the GG wheel is square and we need something a bit more round :p

CNC is computer numerical control...smart engineer types using technology to make things precise. But I agree, a nice heavy duty, thick plastic could work, or aluminum plate like I had originally intended
It's probably not even a plate at all, more like rails/structure? For example the GG baseplate, gets completely covered when you add drawers, there's really no need for it and it's 47lbs. My homebrew setup uses a complete base plate, in fact I have two "base plates" because the way the bottom is anchored the bolt heads stick up, so I had to add an additional layer to make the surface flush so my drawers could slide. Not optimal.... so many things I'd change. IIRC correctly you can use the 8 bolts that tie down the seat anchors, plus another 2 bolts by removing the cargo tie downs,

I completely removed the 3rd row but would have preferred to leave them if possible.

+1 for interest in a more affordable base plate. I was just looking at the GG option again yesterday. I'm sure the quality is top notch, but jeez on the price. @cruzerDave to the rescue?

Could not get a Dometic yet, so at work and will be testing my own. Don't expect 10% of other prices, like when comparing Reef drawers to some others, but maybe 50%? Need to bounce this thing around a bit and see what works.... ping me mid-August after I'm done and can do a post-op

Could not get a Dometic yet, so at work and will be testing my own. Don't expect 10% of other prices, like when comparing Reef drawers to some others, but maybe 50%? Need to bounce this thing around a bit and see what works.... ping me mid-August after I'm done and can do a post-op
@cruzerDave any updates on a plate system? Like others, my hope is to keep 3rd row seats, install a fridge slide on one side, and have aircraft tie down slots along other side to secure my Front Runner wolf pack boxes rather than a drawer.

@cruzerDave any updates on a plate system? Like others, my hope is to keep 3rd row seats, install a fridge slide on one side, and have aircraft tie down slots along other side to secure my Front Runner wolf pack boxes rather than a drawer.
It really isn’t hard to make a fridge slide. I just finished one and it’s working really great.
Post in thread 'The Guzzler build thread - 2009 LX570'
Builds - The Guzzler build thread - 2009 LX570 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/the-guzzler-build-thread-2009-lx570.1052021/post-13816135

Just use angle aluminum and a hand riveter. The only tools are a drill and a way to cut aluminum (there are many, hacksaw works for example).
If you live in a metro area source aluminum in 8 ft lengths from a metal supply

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom