My dad bought a 2021 4Runner Venture yesterday and wants to mod it (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Since most of the vendors I use for my 100 and 120 series don't seem to delve into the 4Runner market, was hoping to find some recs for vendors that specialize in 4Runner builds. Think he wants to see what's out there and doesn't have anything specific in mind but I do know that he bought it for overlanding.

2021 4Runner Venture.jpg

What does he want to do with it? Going camping? Desert racing? Rock crawling?

There's a lot of aftermarket options from lots of vendors.

Biggest issue I have in mine as far as going to bigger tires is gearing. I have 33 and 34" tire sets. 3.73 diffs are okay stock but not really great of bigger tires. The next ratio is 4.56 and with the 5at that's pretty low for highway speed. I've had a conversation with circle k about making 4.10 ratio gears. They'll do it, but I'd have to order 200 sets and I don't really have a use for that many. Price is actually pretty low though because they can cut them from existing forge blanks that they already make for the 4.56 ratio. Really just need a gear vendor to get on board with it to sell the 4.10 ratio. I re geared to 4.56 and then went back to 3.73. I spend most of the miles on pavement and the mpg hit from 4.56 was just too much.

Last edited:
What does he want to do with it? Going camping? Desert racing? Rock crawling?

There's a lot of aftermarket options from lots of vendors.

Biggest issue I have in mine as far as going to bigger tires is gearing. I have 33 and 34" tire sets. 3.73 diffs are okay stock but not really great of bigger tires. The next ratio is 4.56 and with the 5at that's pretty low for highway speed. I've had a conversation with circle k about making 4.10 ratio gears. They'll do it, but I'd have to order 200 sets and I don't really have a use for that many. Price is actually pretty low though because they can cut them from existing forge blanks that they already make for the 4.56 ratio. Really just need a gear vendor to get on board with it to sell the 4.10 ratio. I re geared to 4.56 and then went back to 3.73. I spend most of the miles on pavement and the mpg hit from 4.56 was just too much.

Mostly camping and trail riding in the mountains. Nothing super extreme. He just bought a Sylvansport Go Trailer too.

I bought my Icon lift from Toytec, my sliders directly from RCI, and my spacers directly from Spydertrax.

I was living in CO at the time.

The first lift that came with the truck I ALSO bought directly from Toytec...

I also had work done in CO Springs by Armorology--a great shop.

I'm unsure of what vendors are on the east coast.

1. If you have Amazon Prime, look at Expedition Overland. Three seasons of guys doing overland from Montana to the Arctic Ocean to the tip of South America. Lots of tips.
2. Do a search for images of custom 4Runners on whatever search engine you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom