my custom made 60 series emblems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Check em out.....
ForumRunner_20120320_202043.jpg

Dude that's pretty slick. Didn't even notice it said landcrusher until I focused on it.

I took a picture of the original emblem and some measurements with calipers. I imported it into autocad and got everything squared up and scaled to the exact size...then did a little wordsmithing. Originally I wanted a steel shop to produce a set on a CNC machine from plate aluminum.....I was quoted several hundred dollars. So I talked with my local plastics shop. They frequently produce aftermarket replacement decals for newer vehicles. I gave them some info and they produced a set for me. Exact same size and color as the original...well a little longer due to the letter change. It does have some relief to it, but not down to each letter. None the less they look pretty rang close, even close up.....ultimately a set cut on a CNC machine would he the most accurate, but I'm not willing to spend that kind of coin on a novelty item for my rig.

I'd think with an autocad file you could have them done in plastic on a 3d printer. With a little paint they'd look very OEM.

I had this on the front of my LR Defender

offender1.JPG

Last edited:
TS888 said:
I'd think with an autocad file you could have them done in plastic on a 3d printer. With a little paint they'd look very OEM.

I had this on the front of my LR Defender

That is a great idea. I will have to check around to see if I can find one. I'll probably have to go to Denver. I'd love to get as close to oem as possible.

Last edited:
Let me know if you get those made, I'll throw down for a set. With enough people maybe the cost for milled ones would become reasonable? I'm on your way back from Denver.

Nice!

Those are sick. i would definitely buy a set if made more. Great job:clap:

I sent an email to the place that made these decals to let them know that these are a hit and to see what kind of cost they could provide if 5-10-20 more sets were made/ordered. I am waiting to hear back from them.

I haven't had much time to research/call around on the 3D printer route...

I might be in for 2 sets ... once we find out cost :)

any chance they come in black?
if not I can always paint them..
they look cool....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom