My Cruiser Son in the Double Ender

Mikesta

Never decruiserfied
SILVER Star

Here is my halfling in probably the most unique cruiser ever. The doubleender

Mikesta

Never decruiserfied
SILVER Star

Alan, I'm in Seattle.. No it is not Photoshop its a real rig... called the double ender. I have a few other pictures, but my limit is reached... So, I will have to link them here somehow

Mikesta

Never decruiserfied
SILVER Star

This Is Earl Warden's Creation... Searched him out when I was in Montana with my Mom in her last days. He was not even a mile away from her home there! He has another rig for sale.. once somebody sends me $20, I'll get a star and post some picks

Uncle Ben

SILVER Star

Mikesta said:
Yea Yea. Send me 20$
102 posts...if ya would have put two dimes in every post it would be paid for right now and you would get the rest of the year for free! ;p :flipoff2:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Vendor

I beleive a pic of that double ended Cruiser was featured on a SOR catalog some time back (2 or 3 catalogs ago?) Anyone confirm?

Mikesta

Never decruiserfied
SILVER Star

Ok, Im still a cheap bastard, but today I got a star.. .so here are some more picks of this rig to look at. Now that I have a star.. everyone's avatar is missing... In the options, show avatar is on... wtf?

You can find more pics of Earls Truck at www.fjtoys.com/doubleender.

Earl was a great guy to talk to... he had taken apart at least 150 cruisers and he pulled this out for me to snap them. It sits in a garage.. and had sat for around 4 months... it fired right up.

Mikesta

Never decruiserfied
SILVER Star

I dont think he wheels it at all. It was just a fun build and converstion starter. Some of the old school know this.

lowenbrau

SILVER Star

Mikesta said:
I dont think he wheels it at all. It was just a fun build and converstion starter. Some of the old school know this.
Danny told me about it years ago, said I should drop in and visit Earl once I moved to Alberta. I've just never had the opportunity. As I remember the explaination, it has one engine so only one driver controls speed. Its locked out in some low gear because its a real handful ( two handfulls actually) at speed. Its supposed to wheel really well because the backward facing passenger steers the rear wheels. I'd want to have a good collection of birfields before I headed out for the hammers but it seems like a pile of fun for an intemediate trail run.

Nice to see a picture, I've been telling people about it for a long time. I think most people figure its my snuffleupagus.

Mikesta

Never decruiserfied
SILVER Star

Yes, a myth indeed... He set it up to where you can lock one axle so that it can drive, but nothing over 25mph. He told me he parked it at an event a while back... like 15 years ago and was flooded with questions :)

Top Bottom