My cruiser needs a ride! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys.....

I am extremely close to putting my 40 on the raod after a V8 conversion. Although I am stuck without a way to get my cruiser to the exhaust shop to put the pipes on (aside from calling a tow truck or getting a friend to tow me before work).

I am just curious if there is anyone out there with a car dolly or trailer that might be able to give me a hand.......

I just need to get from Gilbert to Mesa....Would appreciate any help or suggestions

Thanks,

Phil

Wish I had one to offer. Have you looked at the U-Haul car trailer rental? I moved mine from Tucson on one and it was a pretty cheap rental.

Howdy! Not very many "car haulers" in CSC. If all else failse, call Tow 4 Less. Probably run about $75 to trailer it up there for ya. John

That seemed fast. Congratulations.

Towbar and a pull vehicle?

I've pulled my old '72 behind the '69, worked fine, and looked cool to boot..:)

I have been told that FJ40's dont do well with tow bars......Anyone else with experience with these??

I have a trailer and truck, but I am on the far North end of town. It would just cost you some diesel so I can mix it with the veggie... mmmm fried tortillas. PM me if you're interested.

I am assuming it will have exhaust manifolds or headers on it. Which muffler shop? I would think you could drive it over without getting on it it would be fine for a single trip at slow speed . I don't have trailer but would be willing to follow you. Or is it not at the driving stage yet??
thanks
Don
Car dolleys are probably 20 to 30 a day. I can drive it with my fj or van if you get a tow rent a tow dolley from uhaul
let me know
thanks
Don

I have been told that FJ40's dont do well with tow bars......Anyone else with experience with these??

It's the weight, probably someone who dragged one with a Taco or less.

Lights

I've got a tow bar I used on my 40 - towed it with a Tundra. No problem. You would need to get the mounting points on the 40. Mine went away when I sold the rig. IF you can use the tow bar let me know. I also have the magnetic towing lights if you need them. I'm at Higley and Germann.

i've got a trailer that anyone in the club is welcome to use.
(only problem is my tow rig is having trans issues) if you or
a friend has a tow rig you're welcome to borrow the trailer
any time. i'm central phoenix...

i've got a trailer that anyone in the club is welcome to use.
(only problem is my tow rig is having trans issues) if you or
a friend has a tow rig you're welcome to borrow the trailer
any time. i'm central phoenix...

good club Karma right there

A public thank you to Jo Maoma for letting me use his trailer! Due in no small part to this huge favor, the cruiser now has exhaust and is ready for the road and offroad! Look forward to seeing you guys out on the trail!

Thanks again Jo Maoma

:clap:

I can't wait to see it in a little more complete condition. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom