My completed Toy!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My completed Toy!!! Progression pics

Well....I finally took it home today.... here are the progression pics...

Last edited:
Complete frame off
Power steering installed, new tilt steering..
Complete engine rebuild, to include trans bearings, seals, 1 new trans gear.
bucket seats, with matching side panels and dash
Wheel bearings, tie rods...shocks..etc...
New tires rims...
glass
way too much to list...

FJ-40 $3,000
restoration $5,000
40 days!!!!!

Last edited:
Looks good man, good luck keeping rust off of it I bet its pretty humid there.

Actually....there's only about 20%....Bogota is at 8,600 ft.....so no humidity....which is why the FJ's are in such good shape....

Wow that is WAY KOOL,, single rear door,,, great looking, keep the pics coming
is the tilt steering stock?

roof
turn signal lights
new style doors with vents?
that is just too cool, does it have lockers or anything else that is trick?

Very nice! I like the rear door too. I always wondered what the holes in the bumperette's were for?!?
Welcome, We seem to be getting alot more SA people lately, Great to see! And $5000.00 for a resto...Sign me up!
Im sure the rig will come in handy in Colombia

Check out the sides of that top (the extra rib near the bottom) also the shape of the top piece. Looks like the whole thing is fiberglass. Gotta be aftermarket.

Awesome rebuild and fast! Looks great.

I am learning that the top is definitely after market.....it is fiberglass... I am also seeing that they make many modifications down here....such as 70's blinkers... Not sure if the rear door is a Colombian modification, or something that was done on imports to SA. I asked and the bodyshop owner said that most of the FJ's have this door.

I asked for a modern steering wheel with tilt....as I had powersteering installed....and didn't need that big steeringwheel

Folsom50, I definitely recognize those photos....Kiko bought the tan one.... Mine doesn't even compare to yours....

billdance said:
I am learning that the top is definitely after market.....it is fiberglass... I am also seeing that they make many modifications down here....such as 70's blinkers... Not sure if the rear door is a Colombian modification, or something that was done on imports to SA. I asked and the bodyshop owner said that most of the FJ's have this door.

I asked for a modern steering wheel with tilt....as I had powersteering installed....and didn't need that big steeringwheel

Folsom50, I definitely recognize those photos....Kiko bought the tan one.... Mine doesn't even compare to yours....

Yeah right! Neither are mine, both came out of Bogota, and both are really nice...nice like yours. The yellow plates along with the big running lights on top of the same push-bar show where they are from. You got a sweet rig.

Vitesse_6 said:
Very nice! I like the rear door too. I always wondered what the holes in the bumperette's were for?!?

LandTits....PimpBoobs....... :idea:

Sad day....this week I have to ship the toy back to the USA..... Only got to drive it for 1 week....then it will go to Texas....while I am in Iraq :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom