My cats grew legs, now i have codes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need some assistance here. About a week ago someone decided they wanted my cats more than i did. That's ok, karma is a MF'er. Anyway, i purchased Davico CC's for my 06 (PN 17194) . Also replaced the upstream and down stream o2's with Denso units.

Part #'s:
CC's PN: L/R 17194
Denso: Upstream PN #234-9051
Denso: Downstream PN # 234-4260
Replacement Gaskets

Got everything installed last night. Fired it up and immediately codes , figured there would be some re-learning but after 15 min of idle and another 15 of light driving i cannot clear the codes and when i do it feels like there is a stumble in RPM and they come right back. Also pulled the negative and let it sit for 10 min or so, no change. Should also note that when you get to 2k plus RPM and it shifts into the next gear if falls straight on its face.

Additionally, while doing this i installed the block off plates provided with the Hewitt tech SAIS bypass. The SAIS bypass has been installed for 10+ months

Codes:
P0037 Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 1, Sensor 2)
P0057 Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 2, Sensor 2)
P0102 Trouble code P0102 indicates a Mass Air Flow (MAF) Circuit Low.
P0113 Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor Circuit High Input.”
P1440 Open or short in VSV for air injection control circuit (Bank 1)
P1400 is defined as Cold Start Emission Reduction Control System.

So first wondering if anyone has had these codes after a cat replacement.

Second, looking at the last 4 codes i am kind of wondering if there is an issue with the Hewitt tech SAIS bypass or if in the process of coming over the top to do the block off plates i disconnected a vacuum line or something.

Honestly, haven't done any trouble shooting just thinking through the process of what i need to check first.

the 14xx are hewett
the two above could easily be a broken MAF wire
the two above that could mean both rears aren't plugged in all the way.

@jerryb Everything clicked into place. I wonder if when they cut the wires to the rear O2's it shorted and popped the EFI / ECD NO.2 Fuse.

Spoke with Hewitt, I am going to un-install the Gen-1 kit, will see where that gets me. Just find it odd that I would be having issues with the MAF considering what kicked this whole thing off.

Ask the thieves for pics of the bitter ends of the sensors.

seriously though, did they looked messed up above the connections? I guess I'd go through all the fuses and then reinstall the SAI bypass. see if you can monitor a signal from the 02 sensors.

Last edited:
We’ll not a very eventful trouble shooting process. Sure enough efi/ecd no.2 in driver kick panel was popped. Replaced and all is well.

Glad you got it sorted! Sucks that it happened to begin with.

If you're looking for a cat protector going forward...

We’ll not a very eventful trouble shooting process. Sure enough efi/ecd no.2 in driver kick panel was popped. Replaced and all is well.
A FUSE?! Happy endings are good for all of us. Sorry about Your dirtbags, I'm going w/the recommended Cat protecting skid plates (pricier than locking gas cap, but also more work guarantees a different 'victim'. Good to know a cheap FUSE fixed Your grief. Short term trouble shooting is Never A Bad Thing!

Not at all, happy I didn’t have to chase it that far.

@Beto Cruiser i have an Asfir front skid, how much work would it be to make your work? Maybe I misread but it looks like you need to use the fiberglass splash guard!

Not at all, happy I didn’t have to chase it that far.

@Beto Cruiser i have an Asfir front skid, how much work would it be to make your work? Maybe I misread but it looks like you need to use the fiberglass splash guard!
Yeah you need the splash to make it fit up. I’m not sure where the asfir front lands but it would probably be a lot of work. Easier to just buy the rest of the set from Asfir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom