My cat. converter is shot! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, yesturday I took the beast to get a new exhaust put on (damn that thing sounds crazy now almost a humming sound to it), but when I went to pick it up, the shop owner tells me to look at something. He holds up my old stock muffler and turns it up and s*** starts to fall out of it. Turns out, that s*** that came out is chunks of metal from my Cat. Converter. Great!!! So, the guy says to just unbolt it and get the rest of the metal flakes out of there then put it back on. So can this explain why it seems a bit more powerful?? (I know, is that even possible?) Anyway, no dash lights came on, and the damn thing just got smogged (California) and passed without a problem.........strange I know. Any advice on should I replace it now or should I just let it ride and wait till next time when I have to smog the beast? That Cat. Converter is going to cost me $$$$$$$$$ isnt it?

Thanks for letting me rant on and on, Chans :crybaby:

You shouldn't get an engine light on the 93 there isn't an after cat sensor. I just had my exhaust redone monday with a 40 series flowmaster and he also removed my cat (it was trashed) and replaced with pipe. It sounds like crap! Even the rice burner guys are laughing at me. What muffler did you have put in.

Ahh thanks for the info on the sensor thing, I had no idea. As for what type of exhaust, I actually did not ask. Lame i know. It sounds deep and throaty (damn that sounds kind of crude) with a bit of a rumble......but no, it does not sound like one of those little race cars that dart in and out of traffic that I sooo want to drive over one day! Here is some pictures of the beast and the metal chunks that came out of the cat........I need to clean the rest of them out one day! :beer:

It looks like an off the shelf glass pack, if it sounds good that sure would have been a cheaper route than what I did. I hate it when I over complicate something. Did you keep the side exit? I had mine taken out the back to clear the custom bumper I'm still fabbing up.

I had the guy tuck it all the way up inside and then have it exit straight back and a bit down. You cant even see the tip when looking at the side or the from the rear, its really up there. Oh, it sounds good and only was $175.00 for everything. So I think that was a good deal?? :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom