My build thus far – took some pics... How's she looking? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mrq

Threads
I've finally gotten my rig to its near-final form. I added the rear bumper on Monday. At some point in the future perhaps I'll throw a 2" lift on 'er. But I don't really want to change the ride quality and handling. I like how my rig rides/drives as-is. The lift would be purely for aesthetic purposes.

I'm debating taking the running boards off and throwing the front mud flaps back on. I'm conflicted – I like having the boards on because it makes getting into my rig a lot easier... But I think the front mudflaps + no running boards look looks best. What do y'all think?

Specs:

1994 FZJ80
236k miles
ARB non-winch front bumper
Dobinsons rear bumper + swing-outs
Hella 500 series aux lights
10mm OME coil spacers front/rear
Custom-made Yakima bars
Yakima Loadwarrior basket
33" Yokohama Geolandar A/T's

71CEB684-D7AC-4EC1-8F28-235472882A5C.jpeg
853A9142-6195-4BAD-88AC-FC022741D382.jpeg
0E6CD0D7-87E9-424A-A7F5-428EC8FCE56B.jpeg

Taking the running boards off will make the truck look like you installed a 2” lift. Much better clearance too.

The mud flaps look good and do a good job of keeping the truck clean, but they tend to grab obstacles and tear off.

Being on the west coast, you’re likely to end up in the rocks at some point. Suggest taking the running boards and mud flaps off, then adding rock sliders to protect your rocker panels.

😍 looks great!

I also removed the running boards and added a set of WhiteKnuckle sliders. Same ingress functionality with the added rocker protection.

Reactions: mrq
Clean Reg, looks like your ready to tackle any mall USA.
And are they even really done. :p

Terrible. I'll give you ones of dollars to take it off your hands so it no longer troubles you.....

:rofl: Looks good!

Agreeing with everyone else. I'd lose the running boards and if you really want a step feature, order up some sliders with the bar angle reduced (seem to remember WKOR offers both 10 and 20 degree versions).

Nice looking truck.

Reactions: mrq
Agreeing with everyone else. I'd lose the running boards and if you really want a step feature, order up some sliders with the bar angle reduced (seem to remember WKOR offers both 10 and 20 degree versions).

Nice looking truck.
Taking the running boards off will make the truck look like you installed a 2” lift. Much better clearance too.

The mud flaps look good and do a good job of keeping the truck clean, but they tend to grab obstacles and tear off.

Being on the west coast, you’re likely to end up in the rocks at some point. Suggest taking the running boards and mud flaps off, then adding rock sliders to protect your rocker panels.

Took your guys’ advice (and a friend’s) and took the running boards off & slapped the front mudflaps back on. You were right, @Road Apple – it does look like I have a lift now. Getting into my rig is not quite as easy now… But I really like how it looks now.

I’m glad I didn’t sell the front mud flaps and decided to keep them in a box in my garage.

0CBD20E6-2563-4180-94D2-F33CA6708EA9.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom