My Build Thread, JDM ‘93 1FE, 5 speed (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
3019F003-1ADC-4984-B49C-1EF1F8864349.jpeg

Here she is. Just got delivered Sunday. She has no power anything, no sunroof. Still waiting on insurance to get sorted so I’m not driving it yet. I discovered it has a factory sub tank with the gauge and an Altimeter in the overhead console. Today, I got to work.

I pulled the driver’s door panel because the glass rattles in the door when the glass is down. I discovered that there was no window run rubber in the lower channels. So I ordered new window runs.

I next folded up the third row and pulled the carpet out of the back. Lots of spilled oil in the back. I poured citrus cleaner on it, let it soak and gave it a blast with the hose. Looks better.

The wheels are very wide but it has no fender flares. I ordered up a set of Kut Snake fender flares.

Then I went and tore out the center dash. It was lose. Pulled the JDM radio which didn’t fit well. Ordered a new radio and antenna because the stock one was broken. The FJ only has speakers in the lower dash. No speaker holes in the doors or a place to run wires... The dash is broken where the screws are supposed to hold it. I will try to get a new dash panel before I start with the JB Weld.

Really nice find. Would love to have a 5-speed !! The factory sub and gauges are other items I wish my truck had. Sounds like you’re maintainence list is pretty minor. How many miles on the truck? Is it triple locked? Plans for your build?

Sweet Reg, gonna have a lot of jealous people including me. Subed I well be following a long.

Today, I removed the rubber fender flares and mud flaps in prep for the Kut Snake install. Cleaned up and reinstalled the rear carpet and tailgate carpet. Wish I could figure out how to straighten the back of the tailgate, it really dented in.

Tried to remove the antenna but it fell into the fender. I’ll have to do some research to figure out how to get it out. New stereo and flares came in. Waiting for the rubber window channels.

I checked the tires, 35x12.5! Should look much better with the Kut Snake flares.

Productive and frustrating day. Installed the window channel runs. Installed them on the wrong side and then had to switch them. They are easy after you remove the window glass. They were OEM and fit great. Used the same video instruction as for power windows, just much easier with all manual doors like mine. Then installed a new manual antenna. The US market antenna installed OK on the left front fender, but I couldn’t figure out where the brace at the bottom is supposed to go. It may not be correct for the left side mount.

Installed the Kut Snake Monster flares. Instructions would have been a help. I could not see how to install the inner panels on the door sections.
527060C9-AF3C-4CDB-9848-1E6F15473EB6.jpeg

Shocks are yellow and the truck has an obvious lift. Based on the shocks I’m guessing OME, but it’s just a guess. Shifting with the left hand is getting more natural, still have to think about the wiper and turn signal stalks being reversed...

Shocks are yellow and the truck has an obvious lift. Based on the shocks I’m guessing OME, but it’s just a guess. Shifting with the left hand is getting more natural, still have to think about the wiper and turn signal stalks being reversed...
The funny thing is you'll get used to the turn signal stalk being on the right, and then you're f*cked when you get back in a LHD vehicle :)

Today, I fabbed up some plastic water shields for the front doors. Installed a NOS chrome window trim piece on the driver’s door. Buttoned the doors back up. Wish I could find new blue/gray cloth manual door cards, mine are not terrible, but they do have wear and tear.

Tomorrow, head unit install and put the dash back together!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom