Builds My Build, So far...... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My Build, Blue Ridge Cruiser......

Well here it is, Ive got alot of work ahead but I feel that Ive done enough to atleast start my build thread. Hope you like it..

Well it all started here....

Thats right a 70's model Satoh Beaver Tractor...

I know what your thinking.. "What in the jackalilly is this man talking about..
DSC00311.JPG
DSC00326.JPG
trac3.JPG

Last edited:
Part 2

Well I traded that restored tractor for this...

A 1971 FJ40..
DSC00602-2.jpg

Part 3

At first all I wanted to do was fix the sloppy steering...
DSC00436.JPG

Part 4

Then I found IH8MUD, and here is what happened...
DSC00673.JPG
DSC00675.JPG
DSC00678.JPG

Next

Here is some of my progress so far... In these pics Ive removed all of the drum brake components to change over to 4 wheel disk. And most of the surface rust has been grinded off the frame.
DSC00741.JPG
DSC00742.JPG
DSC00748_edited.JPG

Blah Blah Blah

Both of the axles were removed, mainly for cleaning. All of the springs looked good so I just sanded and painted them. Also here are some pics of the rear disc brackets from RS (they look orange but they are red) if you say they are mounted on the wrong side, yur wrong they are made with a bend to bring them to the correct position instead of using washers...

Also if it werent for 1973guppy's write up I wouldnt have put disk brakes in the front.. Thanks Man... (hope I got your name right)
DSC00755.JPG
DSC00763.JPG
DSC00795.JPG

Last edited:
Engine and tranny run like a top so I just cleaned em up, and painted. Replaced all the hard brake lines, Im going to replace all of the brake lines I just havent got them yet..
DSC00794.JPG
DSC00810.JPG
DSC00811.JPG

Humina Humina Humina

Got my p/s components, all but the 2 groove crank pulley but hopefully that will happen soon.. And here is where Im at now... I know things look dusty but everytime I grind down a dirty part dust goes everywhere, under all that dust it looks pretty good...

When I get more done I will post up some more pics..

Gotta Love the Mountains!!

Thanks for looking...
DSC00814.JPG
DSC00808.JPG
DSC00753.JPG

nice work...can't wait to see the end result...

Nice build thread! Keep the pic's coming as you progress.

When/if you have a projected completion date, sign up for "Rig of the Week."

lookin good

wow. you really go a step above and beyond. being someone who gets things mostly cleaned and calls it good enough, i have to say congratulations on your patience. that's one fine machine.

Thanks for the feedback, the speed of this project depends on the funds available, so it might take a while before she drives again. The only regret I have is that I only drove her twice before I started to tear it down....

Some more pics of the progress

Pics of the front/rear disk brake conversion. Just need to get the tombstone tabs welded to the rear axle.
DSC01367_edited.JPG
DSC01369_edited.JPG
DSC01372_edited.JPG

Looks sweet...From Boone, huh? One of my best friends is from there. You wouldn't know of the Yoder family, would you? Brad and his younger bro Bobby. I went to Elon and am looking to visit there again sometime, I'll have to stop by there and check out the cruiser. Good luck.

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom