My Budget Sleeping Platform Video (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

As I wrote in the Youtube comments, after posting the video, I started thinking about the scrunched up sleeping pad and climbing around the driver's side 2nd row seat. So after a little research, I decided to remove that seat. My LC isn't a daily driver or a kid hauler anymore. And, I still have the three seats, with the 4th seat only four bolts away.

Awesome. I do basically the exact same thing - spare tire on floor, held down by the cargo platform. Instead of the 2nd row seat though, i extended the platform with a removable piece all the way to the 1st row. I store cargo there but the use of a spacer to make the rear seat flat is clever.

koB8v0f.jpg

Last edited:
So, I took out the driver's 2nd row seat last night. When traveling, I think I'm going to keep the chair and cooler in that spot:
MvNlZQT.jpg

And then at night, I can move the cooler to the front passenger seat, and that door will be my entrance and exit to the sleeping platform:
KQrx3H3.jpg

I added another strip of old camping pad to my underlayment, so that it would be just a little wider than the sleeping pad, and then (crudely) cut to fit:
F19G5Iz.jpg

Here's the unscrunched pad:
UyjTUQ0.jpg

And sleeping bag:
k9gFvXe.jpg

Awesome. I do basically the exact same thing - spare tire on floor, held down by the cargo platform. Instead of the 2nd row seat though, i extended the platform with a removable piece all the way to the 1st row. I store cargo there but the use of a spacer to make the rear seat flat is clever.

You're of far from having to move marshmallow to hardcore corner man. Nice cage.

koB8v0f.jpg

So, I took out the driver's 2nd row seat last night. When traveling, I think I'm going to keep the chair and cooler in that spot:
MvNlZQT.jpg

And then at night, I can move the cooler to the front passenger seat, and that door will be my entrance and exit to the sleeping platform:
KQrx3H3.jpg

I added another strip of old camping pad to my underlayment, so that it would be just a little wider than the sleeping pad, and then (crudely) cut to fit:
F19G5Iz.jpg

UyjTUQ0.jpg

And sleeping bag:
k9gFvXe.jpg
Nice mattress, if you don't mind telling us, where did you pick that up? My back is trash anymore and the self inflating Coleman jobs I use just aren't enough anymore.

Awesome. How would you rate the mattress? Compared to a standard air mattess or the iso-mats you have underneath? Does it just sink in like air mattesses tend to do or is it just firm enough/ too firm. This seems like a good route to go compared to the roof top tent mattress pads I've been looking at which are several hundred dollars.

I'm 5'10", about 260lbs, and I tend to sleep on either side more than on my back. I think the pad is comfortable but also provides enough padding for my shoulders and hips.

MvNlZQT.jpg

KQrx3H3.jpg

F19G5Iz.jpg

UyjTUQ0.jpg

And sleeping bag:
k9gFvXe.jpg
Looks good. What did you need to get the seat out? Considering taking mine out to have more room.

14mm socket

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom