My buddy rolled his '93 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
Fishtailing in 4WD, and ended up upside down somehow....

Probably a dumbass move.

But anywhoo.

He's alright, the passengers are alright.

The right front is effed up, the roof is caved in about 4 or 5 inches, and I think there's a mixture of ATF and coolant all over everything.

It won't start.

Anyone here ever have that happen? He turned it off within 5 seconds of it happening. I think he might have a cracked radiator or something, but I don't know how that would cause it to not start.

If we can't figure it out, there will probably be a posting on here for a '93 4Runner with 165k for parts/scrap metal.

Good Morning,

There maybe a kill switch that prevents fuel from pumping in an event of a roll over. Im not a mechanic, but I believe that would be the issue preventing you from starting up the 4Runner.

Mark

No, there's no rollover kill switch in these trucks.

We need more info than "it won't start". What is it doing? How long did it sit on it's roof?

Have you pulled the plugs and spun the engine a few times to make sure there is no coolant or oil in the cylinders? I assume it has the V6 engine, this engine has a bad habit of hydrolocking when it gets rolled over, especially on the passenger side.

Make sure you re-fill the coolant before you start it.

Is it turning over and just not fireing?

That's what it seems like it's doing, he tried starting it up before I got there, but I wasn't there to hear it.

We'll definitely check the plugs, as it was on the passenger's side that rolled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom