my boy Jack passed away suddenly this past Sunday morning , and it hurts , but healing is happening with the help of Spirit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
vintageteqparts.com
my boy Jack passed away suddenly this past Sunday morning ,

and it hurts .....:confused:

i am having trouble dealing with it , im still reeling from it ..

i took off work mon-thurs , i paused the online store and hunkered down ,

i am so so very sad and empty still,...

Friday USPS express mail brought his ashes and a paw print in clay , i can't look at it of i get seriously emotional ..

If anyone. Has any suggestions on how to cope please feel free to post your thoughts

Thanks

Matt

Last edited:
Posting this now makes me get choked up and I’m hurting bad :cry:

5CB343FF-8E04-4FD3-B6AC-0E0C64CB2420.jpeg

my boy Jack passed away suddenly this past Sunday morning ,

and it hurts .....:confused:

i am having trouble dealing with it , im still reeling from it ..

i took off work mon-thurs , i paused the online store and hunkered down ,

i am so so very sad and empty still,...

Friday USPS express mail brought his ashes and a paw print in clay , i can't look at it of i get seriously emotional ..

If anyone. Has any suggestions on how to cope please feel free to post your thoughts

Thanks

Matt
Good memories and time…….it sucks, and sucks bad. I still get emotional from the loss of my pets, and it’s been years. Just try to remember all the joy and love Jack and you shared, it’ll get easier, slowly. Some may say adoption of another pet may help too. Good luck.

Good memories and time…….it sucks, and sucks bad. I still get emotional from the loss of my pets, and it’s been years. Just try to remember all the joy and love Jack and you shared, it’ll get easier, slowly. Some may say adoption of another pet may help too. Good luck.

thanks ....

Posting this now makes me get choked up and I’m hurting bad :cry:

View attachment 3239226
I am truly sorry that you're having to go through this. It's said that time heals all wounds and I pretty much agree with that sentiment, but still there's a scar left behind when the wound is this big. Sinister said it well: time and all the good memories. The better the memories the harder it is to deal with the loss of the source of all those wonderful moments. A devoted dog is an absolutely amazing thing which is why we love them so and why this is so difficult. He was a beautiful boy, may he run in peace and sunshine and be there to greet you one fine day. In the meantime may you find peace and soon be able to smile when you think of him.

I am truly sorry that you're having to go through this. It's said that time heals all wounds and I pretty much agree with that sentiment, but still there's a scar left behind when the wound is this big. Sinister said it well: time and all the good memories. The better the memories the harder it is to deal with the loss of the source of all those wonderful moments. A devoted dog is an absolutely amazing thing which is why we love them so and why this is so difficult. He was a beautiful boy, may he run in peace and sunshine and be there to greet you one fine day. In the meantime may you find peace and soon be able to smile when you think of him.

i could not watch the few episodes of the JACK and Sophie Show i had posted in this forum over the last 2 years ,

not yet i just froze at me key board ...
:confused:

i could not watch the few episodes of the JACK and Sophie Show i had posted in this forum over the last 2 years ,

not yet i just froze at me key board ...
:confused:
Completely understandable. The wound is fresh.

My dog Crockett is gone a year and 5 months now. I have pics and videos on my phone of him and sometimes I can look at them and smile and other times it just about kills me.

Last night was very very tough

I was working after dark outside under LED lamps

And I normally always had Jack on his over head teather or running line between trees 🌲

And all I heard all night was silence and I looked over and the teather was dormant and empty

Much like I feel now …

The vet and animal hospital both sent cads and our main DVM sent flowers

A nice Gesture of course but in the middle of a work day I have to stop now , I can’t help it and here I am taking now so this helps 😐

We put our 10-year-old male German Shepherd down today. We have had to do this several times over the years. It isn’t getting any easier. The enemy of memory is not time, it is new memories. The best way to heal is getting out and building new, wonderful memories. Toward that end, we took our female Shepherd to a local field where she plays with our grandpuppies and we got to hang out with our son. Seeing my grandpuppies run and play put a smile on our faces and added one more positive memory to the memory bank.

It’s a natural progression that we must unfortunately endure. Soon the good memories will overcome the loss, trust me. The problem will come when you try and compare another, should you go that route, and you unfairly compare the two.

There’s a saying among hunters that you only get one great dog. I lost mine several years back and I’m not over it to this day. Probably never will be, but the memories endure. His ashes are still in my room. I said I was going to take them to the duck hole he did his best work in, and I probably will someday, but when I took them there I wasn’t ready so I brought them back.

So yeah, it sucks. Hate to hear you’re going through it. Godspeed, Jack.

ToyotaMatt, it’s 1:30 am and I can’t sleep after putting my dog down today. It doesn’t seem to matter how many times I go through this, it just doesn’t get any easier. I’ve have had German Shepherds and/or Rottweilers since 1982. As hard as it is to say goodbye to our magnificent friends, I try to remind myself that it’s a price I gladly pay for the chance to have known each and every one I’ve lost. I hope it helps you to know that there are others out there that genuinely understand what you are going through. Thank you for posting about your loss. It’s helping me knowing that someone gets what I experiencing.

i am up thinking about Jack right now as well , i have Sophie here next to me , and it helps .....

but i am still very very unsure about things like how to feel both publicly and in my head privately , i have rushes of emotion at times throughout the day , but staying busy and not simply sitting around drinking beers seams like a natural thing to me to be a correct path forward maybe ...

i hope im not being selfish , but repressing the mourning thought process a bit is helping me simply get by ?

my wife noticed , i have not been eating normally , i don't really have much of a appetite since last Sunday ...:confused:

i am sorry for your loss today , know your not alone here .......:)

matt

sorry for your loss bud.
probably the toughest thing I've had to do was put my guy down a few years ago. frankly, i still get choked up occasionally. life/death is yin/yang. it's a shame our culture doesn't understand the cycle better. it makes loss a little easier.

These are the most recent / last photos I took of Jack …

This is hard to look at these and post these but I know I should to remember him properly …

The small brown chi wawa is Sophie , she is only 3 years old and still with us ..

24771567-8E21-411E-B384-78ACBB661D6B.jpeg
1E86A9E8-EE11-44A0-8CCE-E61FCE4DF6B3.jpeg
F8CF06AB-A386-451F-839E-E599621E4F70.jpeg
807B4968-E440-4042-9C7F-22DA8BCCC9A3.jpeg
A85A8075-EBFF-4D8B-98D3-28C2F40EA1DC.jpeg

It’s a natural progression that we must unfortunately endure. Soon the good memories will overcome the loss, trust me. The problem will come when you try and compare another, should you go that route, and you unfairly compare the two.

There’s a saying among hunters that you only get one great dog. I lost mine several years back and I’m not over it to this day. Probably never will be, but the memories endure. His ashes are still in my room. I said I was going to take them to the duck hole he did his best work in, and I probably will someday, but when I took them there I wasn’t ready so I brought them back.

I am selfishly interjecting here because of you mentioning your one great dog. I've had 4 Labs and while they all were/are great, two that are gone were especially great. They hunted with me, did competitive obedience trials, were wonderful companions and especially loved to swim. I spread their ashes in the ocean off our beach, and in a lake in northern Michigan where we vacationed, two of their (and my) favorite swimming spots. Did the lake last summer and while it tore me up it ultimately was cathartic and healing for me. I'd kinda like to join them there some day. We sure love our dogs...

I am selfishly interjecting here because of you mentioning your one great dog. I've had 4 Labs and while they all were/are great, two that are gone were especially great. They hunted with me, did competitive obedience trials, were wonderful companions and especially loved to swim. I spread their ashes in the ocean off our beach, and in a lake in northern Michigan where we vacationed, two of their (and my) favorite swimming spots. Did the lake last summer and while it tore me up it ultimately was cathartic and healing for me. I'd kinda like to join them there some day. We sure love our dogs...
sorry for your loss bud.
probably the toughest thing I've had to do was put my guy down a few years ago. frankly, i still get choked up occasionally. life/death is yin/yang. it's a shame our culture doesn't understand the cycle better. it makes loss a little easier.
ToyotaMatt, it’s 1:30 am and I can’t sleep after putting my dog down today. It doesn’t seem to matter how many times I go through this, it just doesn’t get any easier. I’ve have had German Shepherds and/or Rottweilers since 1982. As hard as it is to say goodbye to our magnificent friends, I try to remind myself that it’s a price I gladly pay for the chance to have known each and every one I’ve lost. I hope it helps you to know that there are others out there that genuinely understand what you are going through. Thank you for posting about your loss. It’s helping me knowing that someone gets what I experiencing.

Thanks for your kind words and helpful thoughts

The last few days have been especially difficult

It was 55’ and sunny here Saturday a perfect day to finish my full floating axle pjct on my FJ62 GHOST and I simply could not find it in me to get up off my azz and go outside in the fresh crisp air and do what I love to do .

It took me a moment to realize why and I guess I chose subconsciously to pull the blanket over my head on the living room couch and sleep all day …

My wife Erin knew what was going on and when I woke up later gave me some words about not letting this consume me forever here and to try to get back into a routine again …

So I got up today after ignoring the Super Bowl last night and binge watching Dirty Jobs on Discovery channel and I’m giving it my best but I still feel the void and emptiness both in the house and inside me ..

Thanks for your kind words and helpful thoughts

The last few days have been especially difficult

It was 55’ and sunny here Saturday a perfect day to finish my full floating axle pjct on my FJ62 GHOST and I simply could not find it in me to get up off my azz and go outside in the fresh crisp air and do what I love to do .

It took me a moment to realize why and I guess I chose subconsciously to pull the blanket over my head on the living room couch and sleep all day …

My wife Erin knew what was going on and when I woke up later gave me some words about not letting this consume me forever here and to try to get back into a routine again …

So I got up today after ignoring the Super Bowl last night and binge watching Dirty Jobs on Discovery channel and I’m giving it my best but I still feel the void and emptiness both in the house and inside me ..
I haven’t been able to bring myself to do my normal workouts since putting Marco down a week ago. I’ve been limping along doing half-assed workouts, but there’s no way I can push myself like I normally would. Today, I’m telling myself that I’m going to get after it tomorrow morning. We will see what the morrow holds. Hang in there, these are completely normal reactions that we are having to losing a beloved pet.

Oh man sorry to hear. 😢

Always real tough dealing with a loved pet passing.

Cheers

thanks ....

day by day is now the way ...

this I gram reel is the video i have of jack ......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom