My bath remodel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

more.
photo23.jpg
photo24.jpg

Nice work!

If you haven't bought the glass yet, it may scare you.

We converted 3 closets and a half-bath into a master bathroom and spent well over $10k. I had the plumbing and drywall done professionally and handled everything else myself. I originally budgeted around $8k.

Got some more work done this week.

Got the drain in. Went a lot smoother than I thought as I made pretty good measurements before I cover the pipe up.

Got the first layer of concrete down for the shower pan.

Got the curb done.

Now for the membrane then another layer of concrete and I'll be ready to tile.
photo33.jpg
photo34.jpg
photo35.jpg

This weekend I got the membrane installed and then laid another layer of concrete on top. What a pain in the ass. SO glad that part is done with. Now all that is left is a little hardiboard and tile. The end is near.

And my budget of 100 has been smashed. I'm looking at 1500 now.
photo4000.jpg
photo4001.jpg

is the window being exposed to the inside of the shower going to be a problem, or do you have a work around planned?

looking good so far, nice work.

also, i'm sure you've likely thought of this or been told it already, but make sure the tiles on the threshold for the shower angle ever so slightly back into the shower, will keep a bit of water from trickling into your bathroom floor.

is the window being exposed to the inside of the shower going to be a problem, or do you have a work around planned?

looking good so far, nice work.

also, i'm sure you've likely thought of this or been told it already, but make sure the tiles on the threshold for the shower angle ever so slightly back into the shower, will keep a bit of water from trickling into your bathroom floor.

Yes the window will be exposed but I don't plan on it getting much water since it's a good 4 feet from the shower head. I'll make sure it's caulked well and has a good coat of paint on it. If that doesn't work I'll replace it with a vinyl window.

I slanted the first layer of curbing. which the liner went on top which is slanted. And the top layer you see has a slant but not as much as I want. I'll probably just make the thinset a little thicker on the outside to help.

My biggest concern is sealing the slate so it doesn't absorb water. I have a sealer which should work but I also would like for it to have a gloss look which it doesn't have. I don't know if I can put a gloss coat over the sealer and it hold?

If you tile the sill on your window and have it sloped as well, that will almost eliminate any issues with water. And dont grout the gaps on the sill tiles, use a good silicone and your golden..

Does anyone know if it's a bad idea to paint on a layer of membrane over this last layer of concrete before I start tiling? I'd like the extra protection but don't want to have a mold issue if water makes it's way past it.

^^^ again!

Great job Marshall

I am in a freshing up of our main bathroom right now...i went cheap...long story

$135 toilet
$40 in paint
$23 epoxy paint to cover putrid 1960's colored sink
$120 faucet

all in all under $320

however...if my wife ever saw what your doing ...i have a feeling my long story would get MUCH longer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom