My AO roof racks have arrived! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

macneill

Rollin’ on 33s
Threads
Got word they'll be at AIT freight pick up later this afternoon.

Thinking about taking a personal day on Friday to install them... in their parking lot. However, it seems it might be too much for a one man install.

Write me a note to excuse me from work and I'll cruise on up and give you a hand :) :)Good luck on the install... Post a pic when you got it.

Dont forget your 13mm sockets Mac ;p

You can do it on your own just bring towels or a blanket to rest the roof rack on so you don't scratch the roof. Yeah bring 13mm sockets and open end 13mm and you are set! Don't forget you will need allen wrenches too for the rail to mount on the roof itself. Also you will need Torq to remove your factory roof rack - if you have one. Have fun and post some photos.

macneill, if your serious, i can come out and help you. I have fridays off from school....no joke i can help ya. And btw, im going to be in BK on sunday for a Club Lexus meet...we will be at Canarsie Pier, where ever the heck that is.

Ive taken my factory rack off before and put it back on minus the crossbars, so im somewhat familiar with the operation.

Last edited:
macneill, if your serious, i can come out and help you. I have fridays off from school....no joke i can help ya. And btw, im going to be in BK on sunday for a Club Lexus meet...we will be at Canarsie Pier, where ever the heck that is.

Ive taken my factory rack off before and put it back on minus the crossbars, so im somewhat familiar with the operation.

Hey man, thanks for the offer! I appreciate that. I'm about 99% sure that my buddy is gonna help me. We're both skipping school that day, but if he bails, I'll look ya up! :cheers:

Club Lexus meet in the BKL eh? Maybe I'll swing by with my mudders! Canarsie Piers... should be interesting. I'd come, but I don't have a trunk full of Subs.

Good call on getting help with the install. I made the mistake of thinking I could singlehandly install a full legnth ARB steel rack on a Mercedes G Wagen I used to have.

Getting the rack in its box home from the freight place was no problem (guys there helped hoist it up), but once I got home I had to figure out a way to lift it off the roof then posisiton it correctly. I ended up using a block/tackle system off of a big tree branch. It worked ok but was very hard to position. Those ARB racks are HEAVY. Hopefully the AO is much lighter (aluminum?).

Tip: clean your roof and put a good heavy coat of wax on it before you install the rack. You wont be able to wax the roof very often unless you remove the rack--and once its on you will want to leave it on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom