my 98, no power window, no sunroof, no power seat???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
- had just rolled down my window, etc., before exiting my work for lunch..Rolled up into Sonic for a healthy #2 double cheeseburger and tots ..low and behold....none of the windows will go down, none of the power door locks work, sun roof switch don't work, nor do the power seats, lumbar support (both seats). Everything else is good. I left my '98 LC at the dealer ... what should I expect to hear????

P.S. Still got my burger and tots.

I have same 40 amp blown fuse, did yours ever have the issue again? We are hunting for wires that bend in the door operation. IF I replaced the fuse everything will work until the door is almost closed. Then it blows instantly. There are MILES of wire in this door. Toyota sure likes the electrical tape too!

Mine has blown twice now so i keep a spare in the console. i think mine blows when i depress the lumbar switch on the seat back. don't want to test it though or it will cost me another $6.00 if i'm right.

Found my issue. The power wire to the lumbar adjustment was chaffed through on the seat frame. Replacing the fuse seemed like a fix until I sat in it, then it blew. Easy fix, to bad the entire door, door switch, wiring harness for the door, etc had to be torn apart before we found it.

Sadly, the wife had asked me to fix the lumbar previously. I told her not to worry about it on a 10 year old truck. Funny how that bit my arse with this little fuse blowing episode.

I need to look at the wiring on mine. i just thought it was the switch, as it has blown twice and the only thing i could think of that i had done differently was depress the lumbar switch. I really didn't care as the lumbar adjustment wasn't a big thing.

Found my issue. The power wire to the lumbar adjustment was chaffed through on the seat frame. Replacing the fuse seemed like a fix until I sat in it, then it blew. Easy fix, to bad the entire door, door switch, wiring harness for the door, etc had to be torn apart before we found it.

Sadly, the wife had asked me to fix the lumbar previously. I told her not to worry about it on a 10 year old truck. Funny how that bit my arse with this little fuse blowing episode.

Too many Sonic cheese burgers and tots?:D

No Sonic's left around here, may be a similar issue however. ;)

To add tech to this, testing while blowing $6 JCAS fuses can get expensive. We used a cheap in line fuse holder. Trim back the wires and solder them in to each side of a blow JCAS fuse with the clear cap removed. Put a 40 amp fuse in the holder and plug the JCAS in to the spot in the kick panel fuse box. Honestly we had targeted the door and had it all the way apart and found nothing. When my tech hopped in to move the truck the fuse blew which moved our focus to the seat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom