STOLEN My 80 Was stolen last night -Colorado- (Recovered!!!) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No reason to add to the chat

I am going to leave this open in the event of any tech content theOP wants to post on the vehicle and open issues.

I will close the thread if we continue down a chat spiral

@devo are you planning to rekey and fix the door lock relay issues you mentioned?

I had the rear right door not reliably locking on our 80. I cleaned and lubed up that latch mechanism and such while I was in the door doing window glass runs and new speakers. Been working flawlessly since. Sometimes they just get grimed up enough that a weak motor can't lock the door.

No reason to add to the chat

I am going to leave this open in the event of any tech content theOP wants to post on the vehicle and open issues.

I will close the thread if we continue down a chat spiral
I wasn't suggesting that it should be moved to chat, just stating that it would be one solid dumpster fire over there!

I had the rear right door not reliably locking on our 80. I cleaned and lubed up that latch mechanism and such while I was in the door doing window glass runs and new speakers. Been working flawlessly since. Sometimes they just get grimed up enough that a weak motor can't lock the door.
That's funny, I have both back door locks not functioning , I left mine thinking it was a bit of anti theft device making it a pain getting in without reaching in from the front like I do now.... Mid seats removed tho, possibly forever.

I thought this was interesting. $5 a month, set in a panel somewhere and hardwire to charge...

That's awesome, but why didn't you clean up this post that was posted directly before your post?
Thanks for pointing those out. Additional cleanup performed. Should have caught those

Thanks for pointing those out. Additional cleanup performed. Should have caught those
No problem and many thanks.

good luck with the inspections and hopefully the insurance doesn't screw you over!

@devo I am super happy you got your rig back. I was concerned so much about your vehicle, I thought I should probably get a GPS device for mine, which came today. Will also be adding a kill switch and a couple other deterrent pieces.

Your recovery made my day and further placed a great deal of hope that we can all get along and have each others backs in these times of need! Great job all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom