STOLEN My 80 Was stolen last night -Colorado- (Recovered!!!) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that was a fast return. Any fees charged? I would seriously let the thing sit a few days or mask up, open doors and park a big fan at the back for a few hours before going hands-on.

Useful tips from Good Housekeeping:

how dafuq do you have that link handy?
rhetorical question.

Glad the 80 was recovered devo.
sorry about the hand, glad you have good friends like ajax1 there to help kick you in the nuts while sopping up blood. :p:beer:
I guess we all should think about kill switches... but that ironclad parking brake will hold the 80 in the driveway, i'm not worried.

I hung out with @devo tonight the truck is back, stinks bad like a soup kitchen and semen everywhere, he then proceeded to cut his hand open catching parts in the shop, since he is old and takes aspirin he bleed a lot.
If it wasn’t for my cat like reflexes that deflected the flying piece of metal it would have hit @ajax1 square on the forehead.

devo

Okay folks, you really cool Landcruiser owners. I’m gonna try to write the epilogue here about my Stolen FZJ80.....

It was stolen on Saturday May 8th from my driveway by some Methican Americans casing my neighborhood and most likely because the auto locks didn’t completely lock all of the doors and because I had a hide a key at the bottom of the center console. Yep I was the enabler !
Thanks to an alert Grand Junction Detective my 80 was spotted on (the lowdown) North Ave in the early morning of Wednesday May 12th in front of an illegal gambling joint. When the dick approached the 80 the MA took off on foot, never to be seen again. The dick told me he recognized my 40th from Facebook posts and photos I sent to the Cops. The big attention getter for the dick was my old school “greeny” Colorado plate that he had remembered from the photos. The 80 was filled with several multi family mailboxes and other stolen crap. The perps were cutting the mailboxes off of the bolted stands using an acetylene torch or similar cutting tool. Then busting the boxes open and stealing the content. One of the mailboxes still had the pry tool attached to one of the boxes. Meaning, the perps were using the volume of my 80 as a work shop to break open the doors on the mailbox. So, needless to say, on Thursday morning I was pretty F-ing happy that it was in the GJPD impound lot. Although I didn’t know what condition it was in, and they wouldn’t tell me? I was told it was involved in criminal activities and an investigation was initiated and they would contact me at a later date. On Friday May 14th I was summoned to the impound lot to pick up my 80. I was pretty nervous! I was happy to find out that there was no body damage or interior damage. The 80 filled with mailboxes and stolen crap that the cops removed as I witnessed. There was a ton of trash in it along with, and don’t ask me, bags of rice and dried pasta? I guess even a MA has to eat? Who ever drove it was short, the seat was pulled up close and the mirrors adjusted.
Only other interior damage was that the perp tore off the rear view mirror? And pulled my Panasonic speakers from the doors. I never changed the head unit so they left the dash a lone. The perp also smoked a ton of cigarettes because there were ashes everywhere but in the ash tray. He never washed his hands either. The steering wheel was amazingly dirty?
My 80 was loaded up with all my camping gear, roof rack, tools, kitchen box, etc on the Friday night before the theft. So the MFers got all of that. They were very efficient cleaning out everything that didn’t be long to them. I lost everything but a few sockets and a hammer. They even took all of my beer koozies? But thank goodness they left the owners manual in the glove box. The only exterior damage was to the front ARB bull bar. A small dent were it looked like they may have rammed a mailbox or the tow truck operator damaged it? I hopped in, turned the key and drove it home. Cleaned out all of the trash, disinfected the interior and parked it in the garage. I’m pissed that I was victim of such BS, but the outcome was pretty damn good in my opinion.
And for all of you still wondering, no seman found in the interior!

I’ll post a few photos also.

devo

Some kind of spooge on the seat and it tested negative for DNA.....

97655E55-FF81-47C7-A80B-514CC1526A60.jpeg

Grand Theft Junction?
Glad you got it back too. A coworker Jeeper asked if I'd heard about it. That's how long those legs were to find it.
👍 @UnknownCompany

Edited by Moderator to remove in appropriate quote

Last edited by a moderator:
Some kind of spooge on the seat and it tested negative for DNA.....

View attachment 2675359
They actually tested for DNA? That's cool. I had a hit-and-run in Los Angeles, found the car for the cops, had broken light cover fragments for them as well. They said LAPD lacks the resources to match the plastic to the make/model/years; need the FBI lab for that. (They also lack the manpower to go around asking nearby people about cameras that may have seen something. I found the video myself.) Now they DID use the FBI for another hit-and-run that was fatal--and the lab did get back to them. SIX. YEARS. LATER. Sure, that CSI stuff is "possible"--but don't count on it... :)

Last edited:
Okay folks, you really cool Landcruiser owners. I’m gonna try to write the epilogue here about my Stolen FZJ80.....

It was stolen on Saturday May 8th from my driveway by some Methican Americans casing my neighborhood and most likely because the auto locks didn’t completely lock all of the doors and because I had a hide a key at the bottom of the center console. Yep I was the enabler !
Thanks to an alert Grand Junction Detective my 80 was spotted on (the lowdown) North Ave in the early morning of Wednesday May 12th in front of an illegal gambling joint. When the dick approached the 80 the MA took off on foot, never to be seen again. The dick told me he recognized my 40th from Facebook posts and photos I sent to the Cops. The big attention getter for the dick was my old school “greeny” Colorado plate that he had remembered from the photos. The 80 was filled with several multi family mailboxes and other stolen crap. The perps were cutting the mailboxes off of the bolted stands using an acetylene torch or similar cutting tool. Then busting the boxes open and stealing the content. One of the mailboxes still had the pry tool attached to one of the boxes. Meaning, the perps were using the volume of my 80 as a work shop to break open the doors on the mailbox. So, needless to say, on Thursday morning I was pretty F-ing happy that it was in the GJPD impound lot. Although I didn’t know what condition it was in, and they wouldn’t tell me? I was told it was involved in criminal activities and an investigation was initiated and they would contact me at a later date. On Friday May 14th I was summoned to the impound lot to pick up my 80. I was pretty nervous! I was happy to find out that there was no body damage or interior damage. The 80 filled with mailboxes and stolen crap that the cops removed as I witnessed. There was a ton of trash in it along with, and don’t ask me, bags of rice and dried pasta? I guess even a MA has to eat? Who ever drove it was short, the seat was pulled up close and the mirrors adjusted.
Only other interior damage was that the perp tore off the rear view mirror? And pulled my Panasonic speakers from the doors. I never changed the head unit so they left the dash a lone. The perp also smoked a ton of cigarettes because there were ashes everywhere but in the ash tray. He never washed his hands either. The steering wheel was amazingly dirty?
My 80 was loaded up with all my camping gear, roof rack, tools, kitchen box, etc on the Friday night before the theft. So the MFers got all of that. They were very efficient cleaning out everything that didn’t be long to them. I lost everything but a few sockets and a hammer. They even took all of my beer koozies? But thank goodness they left the owners manual in the glove box. The only exterior damage was to the front ARB bull bar. A small dent were it looked like they may have rammed a mailbox or the tow truck operator damaged it? I hopped in, turned the key and drove it home. Cleaned out all of the trash, disinfected the interior and parked it in the garage. I’m pissed that I was victim of such BS, but the outcome was pretty damn good in my opinion.
And for all of you still wondering, no seman found in the interior!

I’ll post a few photos also.

devo
Why would a detective recognize the picture from facebook posts? That's interesting. See if you can find out where he saw it on fb. Could prove useful to others.

Congratulations on the recovery, great to hear!

Facebook is one of the most effective users of cookies and algorithms, you search or look at Land Cruisers and then you will get Land Cruiser content, I assume that is how people saw it on FB before anything else. It was essentially delivered to them based on previous searches and/or views! I would imagine an effective police officer would go onto social media and get tons of useful information, if they aren’t cruiser people they may search stolen cars, crime alerts etc. and get data from those fields.

Probably a good thing it was recovered while still being used. My dad had a fairly new Jeep Cherokee XJ stolen several years ago, they used it to bust through garage doors in an industrial park and would steal tools and equipment that they filled in the back. They found it a week or so later burned in abandoned lot with a bunch of empty snap on, Mac etc. tool boxes that were also burned, sounds like your 80 was used for a similar purpose just targeting mailboxes ( that they are aware of) this time.

Do stimulus checks come as a check or are they direct deposits? Might have been the target, can’t imagine there is much else other than small boxes of deliveries, ID information and an occasional replacement CC arriving in the mail boxes that small these days!

Unfortunately, we need a more obvious Stolen category (not in classifieds) on the forum.
-It seems most end up in tech for the particular LC series and aren’t seen by as many eyes. I would imagine the information share on this forum had to help with the spread of information that eventually led to the recovery and Maybe/hopefully the apprehension of these criminals!

Last edited:
Edited for more obvious Stolen section, quess I had been there just not recently or frequently.!

Glad you got your rig back. I had a 1969 Datsun 510 stolen and never recovered. Unfortunately, we can expect this sort of BS to increase exponentially as our southern border is wide open for criminals and drugs to flow across. Police departments are being dissolved and the attempted disarmament of the American people. My best advice is to secure your stuff, carry a gun everywhere, and stay vigilant. When you can get out and VOTE CONSERVATIVE!!!

Devo make sure you contact the postal inspector if the police haven't done so. They will slay this individual(s) federally. As for the questions regarding the stimulus checks, they come in a visa card and don't have any safety checks. Pretty brilliant. I'm a City Letter Carrier, so I'm up to speed on this stuff. Crooks are hitting up all of the boxes for stimi checks and amazon packages. Just another reason to not let your mail sit.

If there's one thing the residents of the most wealthy country in world history should do, it's LIVE IN FEAR!
Glad you got your rig back. I had a 1969 Datsun 510 stolen and never recovered. Unfortunately, we can expect this sort of BS to increase exponentially as our southern border is wide open for criminals and drugs to flow across. Police departments are being dissolved and the attempted disarmament of the American people. My best advice is to secure your stuff, carry a gun everywhere, and stay vigilant. When you can get out and VOTE CONSERVATIVE!!!

If there's one thing the residents of the most wealthy country in world history should do, it's LIVE IN FEAR!
Luxembourg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom