My 80 re-wired strangley.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm having problems with my 80 starting, it'll rotate but not turn over. I checked was going to replace the efi relay figuring that was the problem and bridge a 10 gauge wire in replace of the 12, but when I took a closer look I noticed that there was no wire connected to the silver relay, upon closer inspection I found a bosch 30amp relay under the fuse box with the wires from going to that, and there was a wire heading into the 15amp fuse that is marked EFI. My dad said he ahd teh problem of the truck not starting after it was hot, and this mechanic rewired the whole sytem. Is a good starting place is to start with replacing the fuse, then the wires? Also I'm not getting a spark either, is the EFI the brain behind the spark so to speak?

Thanks.

Found the problem, pulled off the distributor cap and plastic piece fell out, looked like it had melted. Anyways gonna do a search on how to replace a distributor then PM CDan to find the cost of it :eek:

Unfortunatley no, I don't, it's a plastic piece with a metal piece on the end. It's light dark red.

Looks exactly like that, how much does that part run and can I get it from CDan...finally order a part from him.

You can get it from the local parts store or C-Dan, it's common tune-up part, I prefer the OEM one from C-Dan. A bigger question is why did it break? Are there marks in the cap where it was rubbing?

Looks like it melted off. Bought a new one today and put it on there and it still wouldn't turn over. Looks like there is a frayed wire on the distributor, I might neeed a new one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom