My 80 has secrets... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So i was looking through the truck for a 14mm open-end wrench and it hit me the stock tool bag probably has one. So like normal, i opened up the side panel and pulled out the tool bag. I have never kept much up in that compartment that people have pointed out is a good storage spot(might have been cdan who realized it). Anyways, i was looking up in the hole to see if i could stuff some crap up in there and noticed a black box, maybe 8x11 up in there with alot of different wires connected to it, one of which has a chunk of foam on the end and is taped to the steel of the outer body shell......im getting very confused.

So im getting excited thinking there is some cool thing hidden in my truck that the original owner put in(we bought it 3 yrs old). So i pull off the whole cargo panel and notice this black box is mounted pretty nicely in there and it has a small label on it that reads "OKI telecom". Any ideas what this thing is? The 80 originally had a car phone so my best guess is that it goes with that but im really not sure, ok im done know. Maybe this should be chat, sorry.

Anyone know what a Lo-jack box looks like? Just an idea...

By the name OKI, I'd presume its a cellular device from OKI... they had cellular phone offerings back about 95...

Get your tinfoil hat on and leave it on.

OKI did cellular stuff for a while, I'd bet thats what it is related to.

Alien abduction from the planet OKI. Your time is short on this planet. Make arrangements now. Donate your cruiser to my son and all will go away! hehehe

Cool,

New plans for this spot now, its looks perfect for a small amp. Next mod, a small 4 channel 200 watt amp to power the eclipses....
Ebay here we come...

Brandon,

My advice is ....

Don't Open the BOX!

-B-

FWIW the LX450 has the phone tranciever located in the same spot. is there a coax ouput on the box?

You are not to open it under U.S. Patriot Act. :cool:

Nantucket_LC said:
YOUR 80 KILLED LAURA PALMER !!!

sorry, couldn't resist.

remember twin peaks? :eek:

Holy 80's flashbacks, Batman!

Whoa....

Its probably a lo-jack like mine. I had the pics but I deleted them. I had an antenna going to a styrofoam pad and a little black brain with a couple wires going to it. Check out this thread...

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=55734

Later

lo-jack or a car-phone amplifier, follow the wires and remove it...not doing you any good for either. (although if it is for a car phone, I might take it off your hands for you...good project in mind)

1shot1kill said:
You are not to open it under U.S. Patriot Act. :cool:

It's 1984. That how big brother is keeping an I on you. :D

From looking at it w/o removing it, its has three main plugs going into it.

1 Coax

2 computer/printer type plug with two screw on each side.

3. 3 or 4 wire that join to one plug that looks similar to the type that go in the rear of a cd player, all are red and green.

There is also the wire with the small foam board too.

That is the interflux modulator.
Use it in conjunction w/ a cable stretcher & some muffler bearings,
and you will find the keys to the V door.

:flipoff2:

Cell phone would be my guess.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom