My 79 to 75 bed conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. Someone requested that I do a separate thread on my bed conversion--79 bed to a 75 bed.

IMG_4715.JPG

IMG_4723.JPG

IMG_4725.JPG

Wanted to move the spare tire mount so had to weld new nuts. These braces on the front piece of the bed are NOT spaces evenly :-( You can see where I welded the new nuts by the dark spots towards the left when looking at the pic looking at the outside of the front cross piece. In the other pic you can see the spot where the original spare tire mount was located.

IMG_4783.JPG

IMG_4784.JPG

IMG_4785.JPG

IMG_4788.JPG

IMG_4797.JPG

If I was to do this again I would cut the bed sides somewhere along where I run the blue tape. I would probably also shorten it to 88in instead of the 88 1/4in just to be sure there was enough room between the bed and cab. Now just waiting for the painter to have time.

IMG_4793.JPG

IMG_4794.JPG

instead if cutting the box,i just move the rear axle back on my hzj75.

instead if cutting the box,i just move the rear axle back on my hzj75.
I just thought a bit more about what you said. That would not work because the extra 4in. was put on the front of the bed. To use a 79 bed on a 75 without cutting the bed you would need to cut and move the bed mounts back about 4in. and then also move rear axle back to fit. Or am I wrong?

Finally found this thread... I don’t understand your comment about the 19 1/4 block.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom