My 75' FJ55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone

I recently acquired an Iron Pig, 1975 FJ55, in Central America.
Truck is in relatively good shape considering its age and environment.
This is my first Land Cruiser and I'm super stoked to finally be apart of this elite club of LC owners and enthusiast.

That being said, I'm already dealing with my first issues, one month in to owning her.

Truck drives great but suddenly the clutch got super soft and stopped working....at the same time I was driving with my brights on and all the sudden my headlights stopped working.

I've read through a threading discussing clutch issues in 55's and did some research on how a clutch works, in an attempt to better understand the issue I am having.

The master cylinder reservoir was dry upon inspection and was leaking from rod that enters the master cylinder of the clutch. I'm guessing its a bad master cylinder or a bad seal in the cylinder???

Any help would be greatly appreciated

IMG_2314.jpg

IMG_2315.jpg

IMG_2317.jpg

fj55.jpg

Welcome to mud. It does look like your master cylinder is the culprit. Rebuild or replace and you should be driving again. Wiring is always fun to chase down and figure out. Grounds are first to check. The Iron Pig page is a sub forum on here. Lots of knowledge and advice in the swine herd!

Welcome to mud. It does look like your master cylinder is the culprit. Rebuild or replace and you should be driving again. Wiring is always fun to chase down and figure out. Grounds are first to check. The Iron Pig page is a sub forum on here. Lots of knowledge and advice in the swine herd!

Thanks so much for the advice. Just rebuilt the master cylinder and the clutch feels great. Gonna try to tackle the light issue tomorrow

nice looking rig!! whats up with the clamps on the back though??
its a ladder system that was installed by the previous owner because I believe it had a basket rack on it. I'm looking to have the body work done within the next year to eliminate the rust and repaint it, keeping with the factory two tone that it has currently. When I do that, I will remove the ladder.

Prepare to rebuild your clutch slave cylinder next... A new master will often blow out an old slave cylinder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom