my 74 will not start...:-( (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.w2m.com
I know the started is on the way out, but I want to start it up to put it back in the garage this evening.....click click zzztttt, nothing...no lights or power anywhere......few minutes, the lights would come onl, try starting it and zzzzzt.....nothing no lights or power..

Sounds like a loose batt cable or something, nope...all new under there.

Any idea's...short in wirring somewhere..?

Bumming out !

Note: the started has been clicking before it kicks in and works since I have owned the cruiser.

if anyone you know has a starter for it you could try ask them. my friend's 86 merc did the same thing...starter=toasted. tap on it with a hammer too maybe. Also on all the ignition and starter wiring check for bare wires. if any are found wrap with electrical tape immediately.
-Trash

Have a meter to check batt voltage? Starter clicking is usually due to low battery voltage. If that checks out you could try jumping the starter posts with a screwdriver (have the key on and in Neutral).

Hard to diagnose by reading. Did you say it was a new battery?

Come on razor. Get jiggy and get out there and start the stupid thing! :bounce: :bounce2: Sounds like something let trick kal.

Check yer batt. Charge it up.
Jumper it. Starts... battery bad or low.

Got a battery charger? Get yerself one.

Brand new napa batt is frickin toast....

I don't know why I dick around with napa junk....getting on optima in the morning.....hell, 2 of the bastards...winch in line.

I was out night wheeling lastnight....good thing it funked in my driveway, I have a feeling there is a short somewhere that drianed the batt.

If you've checked the terminals at the battery and for good contact between the battery ground and frame and frame/block cable, I'd guess the battery? When you say no lights you're not seeing anything lighting up on the dash?

edit: hmm too slow typing that up apparently

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom