Builds My 66 FJ45 Build Up (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What bolts you using (from where) for the top trim piece?

I haven’t decided on that yet. Probably something with a flat head on it.

Question on the running boards. My 45 has the originals inlay boards in good shape. What material will you be using for the inlay? I have perfect late model boards I may use since they look better for more years. But if there is s sturdy option, I may keep the early original ones.

Cool truck. Do you have a build on your 40? I like your blend of modern and vintage.

Question on the running boards. My 45 has the originals inlay boards in good shape. What material will you be using for the inlay? I have perfect late model boards I may use since they look better for more years. But if there is s sturdy option, I may keep the early original ones.
The inlay I got with the boards from Simon. It's a reproduction of the OEM ones from what he said. I'm in the middle of my 65 FJ45 build and haven't worked on those steps in a awhile. I have to paint them and need to get more paint so that's why I halted on those for now.

What did you have to do with the center cap hole?

What did you have to do with the center cap hole?
I cut it with a hole saw to the closest size that would allow the hub to fit through. I don't remember what size it was.

Thanks, I REALLY like those wheels.:beer:

Good luck on the BaT sale! Amazing rig! So much want...

What headlights did you use?

Good luck on the BaT sale! Amazing rig! So much want...

Thanx!
Those are some LED ones I got off of Amazon. I'm not sure of the brand, but they're a pretty common style I've seen used on quite a few different cars/trucks lately. I have them on my 40 and other 45....super bright.

They look great! If you come across the brand or style name, I’d love to know! Thanks!

Were they plug & play with the stock wiring?

They look great! If you come across the brand or style name, I’d love to know! Thanks!

Were they plug & play with the stock wiring?
Actually, I put a new wiring harness on the truck. Wiring it was pretty simple though.

Olive Oil is off to a new home in South Carolina. It was sad to see her go, but the new owner will have a great time with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom