My 60 is a sherman tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't mean to be a sourpuss and I understand what you mean. The 60 is about as solid as a light truck can be but a Sherman it ain't. Don't treat your ride like it is or it will fail you when you need it most.

Try a little tenderness.:cool:

Dude if you only know what I've put my rig through:steer:

Cruiserguy - Our 60's look alot alike... glad you took off the smiley face covers:)
this is true lol all I need to do is jump mine 5 ft in the air:D and whats wrong with the smiley face covers?:confused:

This is my DD and only car... Its funny, I have no hesitation in wheeling the hell out of this thing (notice the avatar pic), I always know its going to get me home! I go four wheeling twice a week and not easy wheeling either. Whats the point in owning a 60 if you're going to "tread lightly"!
Amen?
:steer:[/QUOTE]

This kid is going places.....................a true cruiserhead!:clap:

I love the lights................................hate those covers though!
the lights are awsome but I just dont get why you don't like the covers?

whoa damn id say them springs may be fawked!!

actually on second thought get ya a good buffer and go to ton should be fine.

i used to daily my 60 and still wheel it once or twice a week pretty hard, i think the only things i had to address and fix right away was
1.) busted rear spring hanger off of the frame
2.) snapped rear axle #2 on the longside
3.) throwout bearing on the way out and pressure plate got filled with mud and crap and wouldnt let the clutch engage (actually had to be towed with a strap home on this one.)
but that is it (while a daily) ive busted some other stuff but had a trailer at camp so no big deal.

Last edited:
sherman tanks dont use leaf springs.. I think :)

my truck rides like a tank. Cannot forget the first day I was off road at the end of a paved road and drove 5 mph over a small dip in the dirt we went flying out of our seats. Springs have softened way up since then but still need to take one or two out.

Now, if I ever get a pic of a owners bj70, it can be jumped like what you did and not suffer damage. In this vehicles case, the coil springs connect to a cross frame inside the engine compartment. Very pricey units.

Flip the springs

Just flip the springs and give em a few more rides. Love the pics!!

A little off topic, but what rims do you have, I have one of those as a spare and want it to be all the way around but do not know what it is.

Thanks
-Kiel-

A little off topic, but what rims do you have, I have one of those as a spare and want it to be all the way around but do not know what it is.

Thanks
-Kiel-

eagle alloys series 186

Eagle Alloy Wheels

You need spacers in the front to run them...
I have 1.5" in the front... probably could have done 1"-1.25". Rear doesnt need spacers, and I actually kind of like the stance with the spacers just in the front. I bought them from Home... they sell theirs through ebay.
1.5" WHEELS SPACERS ADAPTERS Toyota 6 lug 4x4 Pickup:eBay Motors (item 380185893104 end time Jan-06-10 11:20:43 PST)

Merry Christmas

so whats the update on your springs

tag3 has a set for me i need to find someone to drive them down to me. Hes in Santa Cruz I am in San Clemente. I would have him ship them but I think hes too busy at the moment to do that. I still have to put up those pictures from that day I never got them from my buddy. My cruiser is still cruisin though Ive been driving it everyday since then, even 75 on the freeway, its just dropped on the front left and rubs horribly if I turn right too sharp.:doh:

haha wow!! thats awsome it's still your dd haha btw make sure you wash it nicely to make up for the beating haha :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom