My 55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
recently I purchased this 1973 fj55. well, stole would be more realistic. bought with a 350 v8 with a 700R4 tranny, billet aluminum radiator and four brand new BFG M&S 29-9.5's. purchase price $750.00. now as happy as i am to have a loud v8, it will at the end of the day still be a small block 350. i cannot live with this. and so i have decided to go diesel. Detroit Diesel 638 to be more specific. now i just have to find a complete engine. this should be fun. eh?
my 55.jpg

Welcome.

What reason(s) are you going with the Detroit Diesel 638? I've looked at that same motor and it seems to be a great match for a Land Cruiser but I can't find any "real" info about it and I'm not a diesel-head so I don't know anything about ANY diesels. Thanks for an input/info. BTW, do you know if that engine will take to bio-diesel and/or veggie oil?

:cheers:

sweet looking pig ya got there! And the diesel conversion is a great improvement.

surf around MUD and you should find TONS of info on diesel swaps and some really cool projects. Go to the 55 section and check out dieselcruiserhead's project! Hours of good reading there!

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=92355

Stole is right --- what a deal. Great catch. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom