My 40 rebuild for Trans Ametica Trail trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So last year at SEMA I decided that it would be a great idea to rebuild my 40 an drive it to SEMA this year via trans American trail.
Thinking nobody would go for this. That was first mistake. Lots of people thought it was great idea so we pushed on.
Here are a few pictures of the build. Before during an not done yet.

image.jpeg

New radiator and Mile Marker 15000 pound winch going on

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Now the fun stuff. RuffStuff housings with Aussie lockers. An Dutchman axles.
And RuffStuff 4 link rear

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Front housing was direct bolt in from what we had. Ruff stuff did a great job hit all the numbers perfectly

image.jpeg

Now back to the inside. dash we made in house. 7 inch gps mounted flush. Autometer gauges. Woodward steering colum. Master craft 3G seats impact belts

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Back up front to engine compartment. Plumbed by Brown & Miller racing solutions

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Few more of the RuffStuff rear 4 link, Pac Racing Springs an Bilstien shocks

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And here is where we pretty much are now. Roughly 4 weeks into this build off.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Very nice Subscribed

If your plans are to bring it out West you will want to revisit your cooling fan set up.

Check out Kevins GPS much better info for vehicles and track than Sams original TAT for motorcycles. Kevin has a couple optional routes running coast to coast.

Very nice Subscribed

If your plans are to bring it out West you will want to revisit your cooling fan set up.

Check out Kevins GPS much better info for vehicles and track than Sams original TAT for motorcycles. Kevin has a couple optional routes running coast to coast.

Trus has been all over the west with that Fan, really never comes on, runs 190-5 constant

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom