My 2021 LC head unit froze---Climate button froze---ugh--anyone else? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

Yesterday while driving i pressed the climate button and lowered the AC, then it went back to main screen (HOME). 5 min later i went to press climate button and nothing happen..it would not click..when i pushed on it nothing happened..
i parked a few min later and let it cool for 5 min...then i restarted the LC and it worked fine again

Has this happened to anyone else? I am disappointed a little that this happened but it seems to be working now

That said it "ruined" my i own the most reliable car ever built.

Please let me know.. thank you
Eric

That’s a bummer, hopefully it was just a glitch. Given the number computers in our cars honestly I’m surprised they work as well as they do. Think about our phones, tablets, laptops, and other computers we all use daily for work and play and how often the stuff does not work quite right. Don’t let it sour your new car experience until it proves to be a persistent problem.

Ha…i am having that issue now. The big screen display and radio are fine.

However, my AC panel is dead. Nothing lights up. Buttons (on AC panel) don’t respond. I have to use voice control to lower and increase temp. AC system itself is perfect…just the panel controlling it is dead.

CD player also just spins but does not read disc.

Oh well…waiting for 30k mile service to get all this address. Fortunately, i am still under factory warranty. But needless to say, this is disappointing in a flagship Toyota. So much for reliability.

"Climate Button Froze" sorry for your troubles. But there's a joke in there somewhere?

I am having only random reboots of the nav system while driving from time to time. I saw it on my 20LC and the new 21LC HE I have now.

Over 10K miles on our 2021 and no such issue. I do hate having to go into a screen menu to change stuff like the fan speed, Toyota/Lexus needs to cut that $hit out in the future. Fingers crossed myself and others don't see this issue going forward, this system is old as hell so most of these issues should be long gone by now. Maybe they have a new supplier for these parts and the QC is slipping?!

Thank you for the advice and feedback everyone, I really appreciate it.
Hoping it never happens again!!

I had that happen once on my 2018 within it’s first 1000 miles and a restart resolved the issue. No problems since then.

With that said I do have the Toyota extended warranty specifically for head unit issues. The unit in my ‘04 LC bricked about 6 months after the standard warranty expired. The extended warranty paid for itself with that replacement.

Over 10K miles on our 2021 and no such issue. I do hate having to go into a screen menu to change stuff like the fan speed, Toyota/Lexus needs to cut that $hit out in the future. Fingers crossed myself and others don't see this issue going forward, this system is old as hell so most of these issues should be long gone by now. Maybe they have a new supplier for these parts and the QC is slipping?!

No issues yet, knock on wood, but I will be picking up an extended warranty, in no small part because of this particular piece (Radio Control Unit in the LX, Dash Control Unit in the LC). The LC200 part retails for $10.8K (you're in luck as it sells for only $7K and change) while the LX part retails for around $12K. For the LC, if you have a second saving grace beyond the 'discounted price versus MSRP, it might be compatibility from 2016-2021 (pretty sure that 86804-60F70 will fit the LC200 from 2016-2021) so you have more parts to pull from down the road.

For the LX570, I'd have to go back and check part numbers, but I am pretty sure the 2016 and 2017 LX used one unit, while the 2018 and up use a different part number.

Based on some of the issues popping up, I’m glad I purchased the extended warranty.

How would a warranty issue like this be handled if you had some type of car play thing installed?

computer/electronic gremlins is the main reason I’d want the extended warranty.

How would a warranty issue like this be handled if you had some type of car play thing installed?

computer/electronic gremlins is the main reason I’d want the extended warranty.

A dealer would have some latitude BUT a) if you don’t work with that dealer regularly and let them know they might deny it and b) if they have to escalate it for warranty work Toyota might deny it anyway...

I understand some people can’t live without CarPlay but in that case you a) have to be okay with the cost of a new control unit if yours goes on a holiday or b) be willing to replace it all with an aftermarket Tesla/tablet style screen (know people have used that on 2008-2015’s, not sure if anyone has wired one into a 2016 and up?

A dealer would have some latitude BUT a) if you don’t work with that dealer regularly and let them know they might deny it and b) if they have to escalate it for warranty work Toyota might deny it anyway...

I understand some people can’t live without CarPlay but in that case you a) have to be okay with the cost of a new control unit if yours goes on a holiday or b) be willing to replace it all with an aftermarket Tesla/tablet style screen (know people have used that on 2008-2015’s, not sure if anyone has wired one into a 2016 and up?
I sort of figured this would be the case. My thoughts were I’d remove the device before taking it in but I don’t want to fool with all of that. It sucks because I plan on rocking this thing until my kids take the keys because I’m too old to drive and the mapping options you can achieve are so much better than the native one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom