My 200s new stable mate. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here is a couple pic's of the 200 with her new stable mate. The new rig is a 2020 Sequoia Platinum 4x4.
Method 313 17x8.5 +25 Wheels with P285/70/17 Falken Wild peak AT tires.
I added the paint matched wheel flairs .
Next I am planning to add some window tint to match up the front windows to the rear windows same as seen on the 200.

2020 Sequoia and 2018 Land Cruiser pic 3.jpg

2020 Sequoia pic 12.jpg

2020 Sequoia pic 2.jpg

2020 Sequoia and 2018 Land Cruiser pic 5.jpg
2018 Land Cruiser pic 99.jpg

Here is a couple pic's of the 200 with her new stable mate. The new rig is a 2020 Sequoia Platinum 4x4.
Method 313 17x8.5 +25 Wheels with P285/70/17 Falken Wild peak AT tires.
I added the paint matched wheel flairs .
Next I am planning to add some window tint to match up the front windows to the rear windows same as seen on the 200.

View attachment 2188149

View attachment 2188151

View attachment 2188152

View attachment 2188155View attachment 2188158
Deleted. Why the Sequoia?

Last edited:
Nice pair of trucks. Nothing you can’t do with those two.

Deleted. Why the Sequoia?
Mainly just its size, it has a lot of room inside of it. Its basically a Tundra based SUV. It is extreamly comfortable on long trips.
I bought it 5 hours from home. So its already had a road trips. The LC is supper nice and I do love my 200 LC. No plans of getting rid of it. Just traded off a LS460 and my diesel Colorado for the Sequoia.

Nice pair of trucks. Nothing you can’t do with those two.
Thanks, and anything they cant handle, there is also couple trucks in the stable as well, both a Tundra, and a RAM diesel 2500. LOL

2020 Tundra pic 4.jpg

2015 RAM 2500 Fuel Wheels pic 1.jpg

Did you cross shop the TRD Pro Sequoia and if so does the Platinum have more features you like?

How does the Sequoia ride compared to the 200? I test drove an SR5 Sequoia a few years back and thought in was pretty good. A crapload of space inside, it was huge. Really liked the fact that the 3rd row can fold flat. You have Apple Car Play in the Sequoia? I wasn’t sure if offered across all trims.

How does the Sequoia ride compared to the 200? I test drove an SR5 Sequoia a few years back and thought in was pretty good. A crapload of space inside, it was huge. Really liked the fact that the 3rd row can fold flat. You have Apple Car Play in the Sequoia? I wasn’t sure if offered across all trims.

I have the Platinum model with the rear self leveling air ride. It does ride really really smooth. Probably one of the smoothest riding trucks I have ever owned. I really like the big cushy soft seats. So many manufactures have gone to making their seats thin and really firm. This is a rig you can drive all day long and still feel pretty good. Love the ride and seats in it.

Another thing I had discovered when shopping around for a larger SUV, was that the Sequoia is physically about the same size on the outside as a Tahoe or standard expedition, but on the inside it has nearly the same cargo volume capacity as the longer Suburban size SUVs. That is all while having one of if not the best turning radius of any of the full size SUVs. It might be a little dated here in there, but at the end of the day, this sort of rig, is all about function, and from what I could tell, even with an older design, it still outshines a lot of the completion in terms of real world function. Only thing I still sort of what to knock it for, is not having a larger center stack info screen and surround view camera system. Other then that one short fall tech thing, I am really happy with it over all.

PS.
Compared to the 200 they do ride and drive quite different, the 200 has far more sharp crisp steering, where the Sequoia has very easy highly boosted steering, and the independent rear suspension vs the solid axle tends to give them both a very different driving feel. They both ride very smooth, but I would say the Sequoia because of the independent rear, rides just a slight bit smoother.

Honestly I cam quite surprised at how different these three trucks drive, when comparing my Tundra, Sequoia, and LC. They all just have a little different feel to them. Mainly noticeable in how much each differs in how the steering is boosted.

Did you cross shop the TRD Pro Sequoia and if so does the Platinum have more features you like?

I guess sort of cross shopped them.

I knew the pro didn't have all the features I wanted.

Main one being self leveling rear air suspension, since I plan to haul people and tow with it, and all the Sequoia's have that independent rear suspension, self leveling was important to me.

I have seen many of them going down the road loaded and sagging down in the back a lot and with its IRS suspension that puts the rear tires at odd angles.
I would have preferred a 2nd row bench of the Pro LTD, but I also wanted the cooled seats which I think that forced me to the Platinum trim as well.

I guess there really wasn't much thought given to the Pro with those key features missing.

Plus ever since I had that Tacoma TRD back in 2011, and my 6 year old nephew asked why I bought a "Turd" (It had a lot of those TRD badges on it), I cant help but think "Turd" now every time I see or hear about a TRD Pro anything (Pro Turd or Turd Pro) just doesn't really work for me . LOL

Sequoia steers easier(not full time four wheel drive) and brakes better(larger front calipers) I prefer to daily drive the Sequoia , I'm a bit cramped in the LC... compared to the Sequoia...6'2'' 205..

but for offroad use the LC way better on tight trails etc..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom