Builds GXOG: My 2003 GX470 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They look great! Your truck is so understated considering the serious hardware aboard and the serious use it is put to.
Thanks! I always go for the sleeper look.

I've been really interested in those Kendas. Looking forward to you putting them through their paces!

Time to post an updated side-by-picture of it currently next to one when you drove the truck out of ACC with the 2” lift (pre-bull bar days) :bounce:

These two trucks sealed the deal on me acquiring a GX. Took me long enough, but it was down to a RHD BJ70, LX470 or the GX. Dan’s contributions just pushed me over to the right one

Dan, thanks for all of the insight, input, research, Guinea pig work and help all of these years!

00A85E07-B8CD-4E66-842C-EDF22BB63A64.jpeg

75FB7553-131F-4C84-9CB8-C821F0B71A6B.jpeg

(For those that don’t know, Dan’s original build is on top, the lower image is the GX built by BunduGear after their 100-Series was totalled). The Sand Dollar Pearl twins :D

Dan,
Where'd you put the specs on thos rims?

Also, do you have a GXOR-bits list consolidated somewhere? UCAs, the slinky suspension kit (is that through treaty oak? I can't remember)?
What GXOR aftermarket upgrade bits currently exist out in the marketplace, and is there a comprehensive list available?

The wheels are 8.5 hub centric and +6.9 offset (inside joke in GXOR). 17”. We will probably do another run. These are a unique hammered powder coat. Gxor.org has all the vendors I work with on permanent stuff with, the drops and group buys are on FB in the group. Done about 18 shirt designs, stickers, trasharoos, etc as group buys. It’s a wild ride and takes a lot to keep organized

Are those Alpha wheels?

yessir! Got a custom powder and logo hubcap for GXOR.

Getting some love done this week, including mini-cat O2 sensor bungs to help with the high heat in the HO GESi vibrant performance cats. I pass emissions, but the rear O2 gets too hot due to flow so spacing it off and turning the O2 with a 90 degree mini cat unit to ensure I don't get codes and don't run as rich as I have been. Will make emissions WAY better and take care of CELs I get occasionally.

Why no jam nuts on the steering?

That is a reinforcement sleeve so it IS the jam nut.
Interesting, so the stock tie rod is still inside there? That's cool.

Your outer tie rod ends connect from underneath...?
Yours do too... hopefully!

Dan you still got the stock rack? I considered beefing up TREs but would rather replace an outer one than blow something upstream.

Unless of course you're planning to upgrade the rack along with the RCLT...

All yes lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom