Builds GXOG: My 2003 GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did the diffs and t-case tonight, along with a power steering flush.

Also pulled wire for the rear DC outlet for the fridge, wired in a switch to turn it off and adding a fuse to stop draw as needed near the battery. There is a lot of crap behind the body panels of a Lexus!

Looks good! :D

Did the diffs and t-case tonight, along with a power steering flush.

Also pulled wire for the rear DC outlet for the fridge, wired in a switch to turn it off and adding a fuse to stop draw as needed near the battery. There is a lot of crap behind the body panels of a Lexus!

Don't know if it'll help...but when I stuffed my Sears Platinum G31 AGM under the hood...I also wired in a 6 circut Blue Sea box on the driver side fender well. Then I ran a seperate #12 back to rear area and instaled a dedicated 12v plug for the fridge only. I heard it was a small wire that runs to the existing back outlet, and the fridge my go out on overload.

I ran a new line with a 10 gauge wire, fused, with a switch and a DC outlet. Not using the inverter.

GX is looking great. Those sliders are a work of art. I may have missed it in the thread, but are the these sliders a "one off" for the 470 or is it a product that ACC makes for the 4Runner, etc?

Keep the pics coming. Tell that slow boat to hurry up!

Jwp

those sliders are completely unique to my knowledge. I imagine Brian could make them again though. GX have some odd measurements so he had to go from scratch!

GX is looking great. Those sliders are a work of art. I may have missed it in the thread, but are the these sliders a "one off" for the 470 or is it a product that ACC makes for the 4Runner, etc?

Keep the pics coming. Tell that slow boat to hurry up!

Jwp

I spoke to Brian while ordering the Ironman lift. He did say they were a one time thing, but maybe if enough of us 470 owners get together, and bug him, he would do it!:D

I can tell you it would be worth it. They are the most stout of any slider I have ever had (and I have had a lot). They don't even flex when you put the truck's weight on them!

Installed power for the Fridge.

10 gauge wire, fused, switched (above the inverter outlet), and a DC outlet in the third row cup holder.

The cup holder was the best spot since the panel has zero room and I won't be using my third rows often, and when I do I have a capped outlet that is waterproof in case someone spills.

388907_10150489270613123_602333122_9155300_2018408147_n.jpg

378407_10150489270683123_602333122_9155301_992590045_n.jpg

Dan are you going to GSTMR this year? I'd love to see this rig in person. I will not be able to make the Feb run (too close to the little :princess:'s arrival.)

Edit: And the chances of us both being at ACC at the same time is highly unlikely.

Yep! I will be there. Just got word that the bumper, snorkel, and winch will be in next week!

Dan, that DC outlet and switch are great! i love the way the outlet is "hidden" in the cupholder. Glad the bumper is almost off the boat!

I may have missed it, but what are your plans (if any) for the rear of your GX as far as bumper/tire carrier?

Justin

Going custom for the rear. I plan on removing the bumper cover and using plate to cover. I may remove the rear frame cross member and integrate the spindle for the tire carrier. I have ideas, just waiting to commit till I have the balls to pull the rear bumper cover.

Now that you've had the suspension on for a bit are you still happy with Ironman? How's the powdercoat seem on the components? Truck looks great BTW!

Stout and awesome. Powder coat holding up great!

As soon as they clear customs, make it to ATL, and I have a spare day to do it! Should be within the next 30 days.

As soon as they clear customs, make it to ATL, and I have a spare day to do it! Should be within the next 30 days.

Dan,
Good luck. Clearing customs has been a minor ordeal compared to other de-railments in shipping. The crate I received on Tuesday was only 5 days late with an extra $350 in fees due to get it out of the warehouse. Luckily, my broker did not let it fall into the cracks of admin, because I think the warehouse games it so crates are held extra days and they get to charge daily storage fees.

It's all sitting in Jersey now. Call me Tuesday.

Will do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom