Builds GXOG: My 2003 GX470 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Teaching the wife may be a good idea - Mrs. Rednexus is far more detail-oriented and better at artistic things than me (and let's face it, welding is really an art). She's definitely better at things like applying silicone,, caulking trim, etc. With how crappy looking some of my beads have been maybe give her a shot.

I need to look into it. I have a couple things I want to weld onto the GX470 (EimKeith LLS, oem factory cam tabs)

Reactions: GXO
I need to look into it. I have a couple things I want to weld onto the GX470 (EimKeith LLS, oem factory cam tabs)
I got started with a $200 HF Titanium 125 flux core welder. Bought it as an emergency purchase to get stripped studs out during my header install. It lasted ~2 years before crapping out but it let me do a lot of small-scale welding including welding up most of my 304 SS exhaust with Amazon stainless flux core wire. After it died I upgraded to a $1K Hobart Handler 210MVP (120/240V) and just switched over to real MIG using gas instead of flux core. It is a drastically nicer machine and suits me better now.

You can really do a lot with a 120V machine and flux core wire. I probably wouldn't build a bumper or something with flux core, but it would definitely handle cam tabs, LL skids, BMCs, etc. I used mine for the eimkeith panhard correction kit.

Got the cleanup done. Going to replace my grip tape on the lower rocker as it has peeled (I cover the clip holes with tape). I also need to finish my cutting and tacking sheet metal. Wife's GX repair is taking the lead on priority right now.

Added an aggressive amount of logo stuff to the truck from gxor.org haha

Added an aggressive amount of logo stuff to the truck from gxor.org hahaView attachment 3174925
Where did you get the coin holder?

Thx!

IMG_4362.jpeg

Where did you get the coin holder?

Thx!

View attachment 3569711
The air suspension and shock controller is in a slot that is the same as the 100 series console. You just have to get that part and pop out the controls and pop in the cup. There is also a flat plate that can be used if you want to use it for a button or something.

58839-60040​

Last edited:
The air suspension and shock controller is in a slot that is the same as the 100 series console. You just have to get that part and pop out the controls and pop in the cup. There is also a flat plate that can be used if you want to use it for a button or something.

58839-60040​

Appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom