My 1st Crusher (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

smittycrusher

"Hey big guy, you a golfer" - Roger Dorn
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.morganstanleyfa.com
Tomorrow I will be picking up my 1st crusher. It is a 1993 and gorgeous. The only thing "bad" about it is the lack of lockers :frown: ! I don't plan on doing anything extreme in the near future and after 2 months of searching I gave up on finding one w/ lockers that I liked. I can't wait!! I will post pics as soon as I get it and take some. I want to say thanks to all who contribute to this amazing site. I was a far more educated buyer because of it and my negotiations were enjoyable due to my new knowledge. Did I mention that I can't wait!
Scott

Welcome from a fellow newbie.:flipoff2: Yah, this is a great site.
JonB

After a year wheeling alongside my buddy's unlocked '93, I don't think I will wait for lockers when I shop for an 80. I'm getting a little jealous of him tooling around the same trails in comfort, not having to clutch or shift, making the trails look easy, and then cruising home at 80mph.

Lockers would be great, but I'm confident that everything I want to do with an 80 can be accomplished without them.

Welcome. I too got 80 about a month a go without Lockers... But don't feel bad about it because serious extreme rock cliimbers are changing out their gears anyways... Just search on Maintenace and get it started with the right stuff with the right people's recommendations at this forum.

This forum is better than most of mechanics out their if you plan on wrenching yourself.

Welcome!

If we keep getting newbs at this rate, I'll be an old-timer before you know it! :grinpimp:

So what do I need to do to get an Ih8mud.com decal for my crusher??

thanks romer, I guess that was a dumb question!! :doh: :eek:

There's no such thing as a dumb question......only dumb people who ask questions :flipoff2: What was the question again?? :doh:

Flush the cooling system and replace the head gasket right away and then you'll be good for at least another 100k...

welcome!!

wsdavies said:
Flush the cooling system and replace the head gasket right away and then you'll be good for at least another 100k...

I am pretty clueless when it comes to mechanics of vehicles (changing my starter in my 2000 tacoma is the height of my automechanic past. The cruiser has less than 100K and runs perfect so when should i expect to need to flush the cooling system and replace the head gasket? Is this something that I can do with a manual? Anyone living in Southern California want to be my mentor? I have a lot to learn. Thank goodness for this site!!
Smit

No lockers........................ :doh:

Its OK you'll get over it..... :cheers:

Welcome :flipoff2:

welcome aboard :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom