My 1970 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After years of searching for the right buy, I scored this dude from a big business guy, who bought it in Oregon then shipped it to OKC. He had it repainted with all new body gaskets, but still a little rust noticable on the rear 1/4 panels. I installed a Cruiser Corps seat kit, which worked out nice and clean. The truck is currently getting a few mechanical issues repaired at the local LC shop, and it should be out this week. When I get it back, it will get an Aussie rubber mat in the front, but still trying to figure out what kind of mat I want for the back. The dogs slide around a lot back there! Would also like to track down a bold on brush guard and factory interior light. I'm ready to take this baby on a road trip!!!
FJ40.jpg
FJ40 engine.jpg
FJ40 interior.jpg

nice truck enjoy your trip ,just dont be in a hurry.

great toy..love the pto..enjoy it every day
love the oem wings nuts on the batt tray..rare to see it

Last edited:
Awesome 40! You barely fit on that bike

Great looking fourty..

congrats!!! very sweet cruiser!!!:steer:

Thanks for all the comments. I got the motor out of the 60 in the garage, by the time that one is done there will probably be insufficient funds for the brush gaurd. Can you believe the guy let this go for $7500?

Nice truck. I bought a brush guard for a people thumper. You cannot believe how people here just walk in traffic. It is insane! But then again if I thump one I would most likey be dragged out of the truck and hung up to dry. Everytime something happens; The White Guy Did It!! haa haa. The pto came with my rig but it has saginaw installed soooooo.

I also used the horse stall mat. It's great. I also spent a lot of time cutting them to fit the front. They look great and super durable.

I also have 4 horses ans these mats are up and down the concrete alley in a 12 stall barn. If the horses aren't tearing them up, the dogs certainly won't do any damage in the back of the rig.

The Costco mat looks like a mud magnet, all those little holes, or whatever. I was really hoping to find something with the cut for the rear heater, so it would look clean. People have been telling me to rhino line it, but that seemed kind of stupid. Unless... can one get a color match with Rhino liner? Cruiser Corps down the street has a rear mat that is cut to fit, but it was kind of thin. Will have to wait until the CCOT Aussie mat comes in for a comparison...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom