My 100 went swimming yesterday... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tabraha

Hello My Name is: TAD
SILVER Star
Threads
Had to leave the 100 sitting in mud up to the frame last night! ;p I've got a few pics posted in this thread:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=52047&page=2

I'll get some more pics soon and post them in this thread as well. Gotta run to church and then begin excavation :D

Nasssssssssssssssssssssssty!!!

:)

Doug

street tires?

aw man, that 100 is too beautiful to muck it up like that!

e9999 said:
street tires?

285 revos, swampers wouldn't have made a difference though. It was on the frame, actually the frame had sunk down too!!! When we pulled it out there was a perfect indentation of the drive shaft and smooth underbody. My tires weren't even touching although they appeared to be. They were just resting on top while the frame supported it.

I've been washing nonstop and the mud is never ending.

IH8MUD :doh:

tabraha said:
285 revos, swampers wouldn't have made a difference though. It was on the frame, actually the frame had sunk down too!!! When we pulled it out there was a perfect indentation of the drive shaft and smooth underbody. My tires weren't even touching although they appeared to be. They were just resting on top while the frame supported it.

I've been washing nonstop and the mud is never ending.

IH8MUD :doh:

use a sprinkler underneath...!

I sprinkled for 2 hours, then moved up to the regular hose and nozzle and now I have had to go all the way to the pressure washer. I am being ultra careful with that but this mud is like concrete. I am so fortunate it has been raining because if this stuff dries it would really be hell to get off.

I've been using the hi-lift to wash the suspension components in various states of flex. Seems to be working well.

I like Nevada rock better all the time :cool: Don't envy you a bit...hope you get it all dissolved...

Ouch!

Sometimes ya gotta just hammer it!

Last edited:
macneill said:
Ouch!

Sometimes ya gotta just hammer it!

My big hammer was the problem. I beached it on the frame :doh:

I'd run through that spot several times the day before but it went to pea soup after the rain the night before. I've been pressure washing like a mad man but she looks like a mall cruiser again now.

P.S. I'm getting mud tires for my birthday! ;p

Super Swamper: There is no substitute!

Man, thats nasty stuff. I don't think I would take my 80 into that and it's on 36" bias ply TSL's. You need a winch, and a cable extention in a bad way.

when you get it home shove one of those waterfall type lawn sprinklers under it. Move it around for awhile, before taking it to the car wash. Then buy a power washer for the driveway

?????????

Thanks for the advice????
It's been clean for a couple of months now.

And don't forget to hit the tires with an extra coat of Armorall®. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom