musty smell (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I brought this topic up last year with little response but still a problem. I removed the lower plastic pan that drains the water/condensation created through AC system. I thought this rubber bushing was plugged up, I had mold on the evap and in this pan. I was surprised to see small debris, grass/pine needle. I cleaned this out the best I could w/o removing the entire system and recharging. BTW. This pan is a real pain to remove especially on the back side where the floor pan angles up to firewall. I have used "cleaner sprays" in the exterior vents etc. These help for a short time. I really dont see any way of getting in there w/o removing the dash to see where I this debris/water is collecting. I keep these vents areas cleaned,too. Again the smell there when both AC is on and regular out side air is circulated in.
Anyone else have issues with an odor coming from their vent system? I live in Phoenix so I dont have deal w/o alot of rain thus mildew however I did have mold on the evap core. go figure!
Thanks
Chris 94

Cris,
I haven't tried a search, but I seem to recall the thread.
I believe (Cristo,or Robbie) had mentioned a product that is injected(foam agent) into the evaporators??

DWD2

Here is the archive thread.
-B-

AZ, in addition to B's post, get in the habit of after using your recirc to switch to fresh air the last minute or so of most trips. This will help reduce the smell going forward.

I've always switched off the AC about a minute before arriving at my destination. I leave the fan on and thus push warm air through the system to dry it out. I think this prevents the mildew from building up.

The whole shut down procedure (including the C-Dan hand brake parking paw damage prevention routine) makes my wife go crazy but hey.... if that's what it takes to keep your cruiser running tip top then so -B- it. ;).

Hey guys thanks, I must have overlooked this post. I will check the local dealers and see if they have this stuff. Have any of you tried this stuff?
The problem I have/had is removing this plastic pan whic hexposes the evap core. It seems easy but the rear screws area real pain, any suggestions? When cleaning it before I was able to remove all screws and clips except for 1 or 2 in the very back. Trying to put the rear clip back on requires special tools and a kids hand because the area is tight.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom