MUSTHAVE - ARB Bumper DRL Light Inserts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
When I purchased my first ARB bumper I installed the little orange lights that it came with. Fortunately I came to the realization that what belongs there is a nice bright Daytime Running Light. A previous vendor here made a steel insert and it worked ok, but now mine is rusty, the hardware is rusty, and they no longer make the insert.

So, I went about creating the right insert, combined with the perfect DRL from Philips, and the right stainless steel hardware. The important part is that the DRL's orientation in the bracket, and the brackets orientation in the bumper are perfectly aligned so that you get all the benefit of a great DRL without blinding oncoming traffic. The bracket has been field tested by my customers and works great. I've ran the setup for a long time, made several modifications and now it's finally perfect.

My idea for the bracket and lights was to make something lightweight, durable, long lasting, and nearly foolproof to install. I like the idea of "everything's included" so that installations are easy and there isn't any guesswork. The kit that I've put together has the bracket, the lights, the wiring, the stainless hardware, the allen wrench, the driver, and even the drill bits.

Here's what it looks like when it's all installed.
IMG-4059.jpg

The installation is easy. You start with the ARB bumper. Of course mine is painted Aztec Blue Mica, but you get the point.
IMG-4049.JPG

Bend 2 tabs, and then insert the DRL bracket with the Philips DRL light.

Drill 4 holes and button it up with 4 stainless screws.
IMG-4055.JPG

IMG-4058.jpg

Once it's installed, run the included wiring harness to the battery, connect 2 wires, and you're done. It takes less than 30 minutes start to finish.

Does the insert aim the DRLs perpendicular to the centerline of the vehicle or do they point perpendicular to the ARB sides where the inserts are mounted?

cheers,
george.

Does the insert aim the DRLs perpendicular to the centerline of the vehicle or do they point perpendicular to the ARB sides where the inserts are mounted?

cheers,
george.
George,
The insert aim of the DRL's is 3° off from perpendicular to the ARB sides where the inserts are mounted. At perpendicular to the ARB sides I noticed the beam extended into the right and left field further than I thought was acceptable.

I really like the look of this. I have toyed with the idea of ordering Slee's light bucket, but this is simple, does not require much modification and looks good. The thing is I have a Dobinsons bumper. Do you know if this would work with the Dobs bar?

I am almost finished with the one for Dobinson‘s as well. Just fine tuning it now.

Are they available now?

I'm not sure if others would want them in other colors but yesterday I had a request for electric blue ones. Done. If you want a different color, just let me know.

Now available in blue too.
948676C7-3A20-4727-8EC1-9F8DB628FB28.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom