Must...have...mods.... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where you at? I THINK I still have mine laying around from my 80, and now have no use for it.

Free to whoever wants to come get it in SD

Thanks for the offer, but with the price of gas, it'd probably be cheaper just to order one. I'm in LA.

I thought I only left an oil catch pan and a 5 gal bucket?

Sure, the little pvc pressure gauge thing I rigged up? Maybe we can do a PHH/flush day. I may be buying a new radiator as well, so I'll need to drop that in as well, though that sounds like a lot for one day.

Parasitic jeep is still around

My semester ends in a few weeks so I'll have plenty of free time.

We're planning a trip to Monache Meadows, are you interested? More of a fishing/camping trip.

yeah right. Trust me dude, it never ends. Take it from someone that is a modificationaholic. :bang:

Tell me about it...as soon a I was content and willing to leave it alone for a while I rolled her and now back to step A and another rebuild.

*Sliders*most important mod 4 sure, Front and rear lockers (which you have), CB, remove the flares, and bigger tires.

In all honesty you don't NEED a lift the clearance provided by larger tires is much more important. You could upgrade the shocks give yourself more droop and just bumpstop the up travel if need be.

Last edited:
Lots of good advice here, the only place the heavies are a problem is if you have kids in the rear seats are empty and drive I10... my kids think the bounce is fun.... tires make a big difference also,
on the sliders if you can weld go the home made route, I like Ken Hanna's stuff and he does a great job but they are $$ and I couldn't justify the $$

In all honesty you don't NEED a lift the clearance provided by larger tires is much more important. You could upgrade the shocks give yourself more droop and just bumpstop the up travel if need be.

Sam brings up a very good point. Bigger tires give you "lift" for the whole truck but most importantly they also give you more clearance under the axles as well as much better traction. No lift will do that. The decrease in bump travel would only be a problem if you are into higher speed off roading, slow and go you would do fine giving up some uptravel for increased droop and ground clearance.

I will readily admit I don't have the most patience for doing mods on the Cruiser but if you take your time you will save money. Waiting for a deal can save money on the initial purchase but it can also help buy you time while you decide which mods you want and then inevitably change your mind on some of them.

...Waiting for a deal can save money on the initial purchase but it can also help buy you time while you decide which mods you want and then inevitably change your mind on some of them.

:doh:

If i just bought a super clean 80 and was getting it ready for some trips, the first mod would be easy:

FRIDGE!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom