Must have gear 2018 edition. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Could you elaborate please? would like to know what's your take on these type of power supply, when you say build your own are we talking
about money wise? Thanks for any input.

The Humless are nice but I could buy a car for that price. IMHO
the humless or home built are using lithium batteries lithium is expensive I ran thru a goal zero in 3 hours and my same sized humless went for 9hours both new ish both charged fully with a genius.

G'Day Fella's,

I have been at this 4WD thing since the mid-1980's, so I have most of the things I need.

I am looking at making up a hard shell, RTT for my Battle Cruiser (BJ73).
I want to keep the height profile of this, as low as possible (100mm/4" ish), and will probably go with one of the Hinged Front, Wedge shaped (in use) designs.
I'll look into How-To do this and keep it water proof, over the next few months but at the moment, I plan to use that Aluminium external Commercial building cladding (Aluminium/Synthetic material/Aluminium-Laminate), for the top, bottom and hard sides of the RTT and Canvas/?, soft walls for the sides and rear/external entry?

This forum has so much great information and detail on it, for a handy individual like myself to utilise, I'd be mad to not make the most of it. Thank You for that.

Best Wishes to you all, for a Great 2018!
Homer

I realize it’s been awhile since you posted this, but I was wondering if anything was ever built? What problems you ran into? And final thoughts? I would love to see a few pics!
I’ve thought about doing the same thing for awhile now.... I just need motivation, and to see that IT CAN BE DONE. Lol
I was thinking of hard sides also. They would be hinged from the top, so when you pick up the top (roof), that is hinged at the front, the sides would simply “swing down” and hook into the platform somehow. Oh well.... maybe one day I’ll find the motivation!

G'day Marine7,
I have only just reattached (after powder coating), the new side steps that I made up.
The roof rack that I plan to make, attaches to these side steps at the front, and then the RTT will sit on this.
FYI, here is the link to the Roof Rack thread;
Chassis mounted, Roof Rack project.
So I need to make up the roof racks, before I can go to the RTT stage of this project.........

Regards
Homer

Hit the lottery........then my list would start :)

Needs space for a jar of peanut butter, too.

You are absolutely right since my daughter literally eats out of the P.B jar since she was little and now 17.

You are absolutely right since my daughter literally eats out of the P.B jar since she was little and now 17.

Yeah. And if you haven't put PB on a s'more, you haven't lived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom