Must have gear 2018 edition. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sandblast and build the camping trailer I purchased!

Can a battery power chainsaw really hold up and deliver? I like the idea of less maintenance and not carrying around a gassy thing to spill.

I've got 2 gas powered Stihl chainsaws...never tried one of the 'good' battery powered ones...but from what I've read they deliver the goods.

From what I understand, you wouldn't want to use the battery powered saw to fill up your trailer for home use, but for weekend camping etc., they do the job. No experience...just what I've read.

Reactions: RFB
go to my youtube channel Jailbreak Overlander and check out the amp3 first aid kit uy it once one and done and you are covered.

Do they offer a outfitter 2. The one that is on there web site is $410? Really interested. Thanks for the review

I've got 2 gas powered Stihl chainsaws...never tried one of the 'good' battery powered ones...but from what I've read they deliver the goods.

From what I understand, you wouldn't want to use the battery powered saw to fill up your trailer for home use, but for weekend camping etc., they do the job. No experience...just what I've read.

Really good test and comparison of battery models:
https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/outdoor-equipment/best-battery-powered-chainsaw-shootout/29018/

Just a Tenkara Rhodo and some matches.

I was asking for a couple of nice North Face sleeping bags for me and the wife that match the ones we got for the kids that have been awesome.

They are coming thanks to the father in law. He's not big on surprises. The wife is much less excited about it than i am.

1. Hard shell RTT since I took out my sleep platform and am building new drawers/storage
2. Ham radio license (I have the Baefong handheld)
3. A Dometic arm rest fridge to supplement my big fridge
4. @LandCruiserPhil flip out windows
5. New solar panel to replace my old 65w Siemens

For those looking at First Aid kits. I wasn't going to spend $400-500 on a kit so I purchased a more modest kit for $100ish and added the stuff I felt was necessary. My goal wasn't to perform open heart surgery but to stabilize and triage in case of the "worst case scenario" and for minor cuts and such. I met with a buddy that is a firefighter and he helped me figure out what I need. I have about $250 in mine. Oh, and I traveled to Europe and picked up meds you can't get easily or cheaply here. ;)

The gift I plan for are a few things that should help prevent being stranded. I plan to do some longer, more remote trips in 2018, so so getting there, getting in, and getting back home are paramount.

1. Ham radio license
2. New tires/wheels on the teardrop that are the same size as the 80. I want the ability to swap tires/spares around if necessary.
3. Maxtrax, or the cheapo equivalent
4. A solid, complete first aid kit....the one I have now will only address minor injuries.

Isn't not for carp lol.....I was checking out for high sierra back packing trips......Not sure on the telescopic function, I have bad memories from the 1970's and those rods.
I had a Shakespeare telescoping rod in the 60's & 70's that I used the heck out of. I am pretty sure it was cheap because I had it before I left home and got it with my own money. The action wasn't great but it fit inside my backpack. You know what they say; the best tool to use is the one you have. If it's easy to take you will be more likely to have it.

I was asking for a couple of nice North Face sleeping bags for me and the wife

Did the siamese North Face bags about 20yrs ago and it makes it really nice.

Can a battery power chainsaw really hold up and deliver? I like the idea of less maintenance and not carrying around a gassy thing to spill.
We're now using battery powered chainsaws for cutting open roofs (vertical ventilation) in my fire dept. We use the DeWalt. It's impressive for battery powered.

1. Adding solar and a better battery to my Flagstaff pop-up camper
2. We use an REI credit card, will have a substantial dividend to spend there in 2018, thinking of an ARB fridge
3. If #2 happens, will want/need a slide, and that could escalate to drawers
4. for 2019, would love an iKamper RTT to fit 4 person fam. May look to rent one for a PNW trip, if that's a thing by then (RTT rental).

May I humbly suggest some bags to organize all that gear you're buying? ;)

Last edited:
A Blackstone griddle.

416XZuFBLlL.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom