MUSHROOMS, What do you do with them?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You know, I found a big shroom, cremini or bella, and seasoned it and grilled it like a burger for my MIL who was no longer eating beef.
Served it like a burger also.

Large Swiss brown is good done in a pan, or on a flat griddle.
Cook smooth side down. a bit of butter, seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce sprinkled on top, then drop some water on the hot pan, and cover the mushrooms with a bowl or lid.

I do them like this when I'm cooking on a gas BBQ (grill??)

Would work well as a burger substitute

Portabello mushroom pizza's are easy to make and tasty. Carnivore here.

:grinpimp:

SHROOMS!.jpeg

Hey Surf,
I was watching some youtube videos about morels and cooking them.
Lots of people were doing the whole egg wash and flour and frying them.
One person made a meat mixture and with a piping bag, filled the whole stem, and then cooked them.

Hey Surf,
I was watching some youtube videos about morels and cooking them.
Lots of people were doing the whole egg wash and flour and frying them.
One person made a meat mixture and with a piping bag, filled the whole stem, and then cooked them.
Yum. These were tiny. I just sauteed them with onions in butter and had them with pulled pork sammiches.

To me, the best way to cook mushrooms is to sautee them at high temperature on a cast iron skillet with a little butter and a little olive oil, a little thyme, a couple of smashed garlic cloves and (secret ingredient) a dash of fish sauce for that extra umami. Won't taste fishy but you'll notice the extra flavor intensity. Works with all mushrooms in my opinion but especially with morels, s***akes and oyster mushrooms (also baby bellas).

Shantrells? Never had them before.
I am wanting to do some stuffed shrooms though.
mostly stuff them with a spicy ground sausage, panko to soak up the grease, a few seasonings,
leftover stems from the shrooms(diced/minced and sautéed), and cover in jack cheese.

Last edited:
Gonna do Ram burgers with havarti and shantrells tonight.

Shrooms will get little butter, olive oil, dash of soy sauce, red wine vinegar sautéed with lid. The shape of them makes it hard for them to all touch the skillet. Lid works good. I usually don’t use one.

Ram burger, that’s right. I had my old Ram out of the sheep pasture processed into burger. Damn it’s good, shocked the hell out of me. I thought I might have 100lb of dog food, but the pups haven’t got any of this burger the wife and I like it so much!

9CDFFBAD-1CAB-4203-80DC-09AEEFE004AC.jpeg
91DE08D6-C830-4EA0-9B23-6200B5BD8814.jpeg
E8E2CF17-6BDB-451F-911A-0EDDB0A4F154.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s awesome!

Master Gardener tip, (that means my wife) cut the mushrooms off above ground with scissors. They will come back and spread easier that way. Think of it as preservation of free beer into the future!

That’s awesome!

Master Gardener tip, (that means my wife) cut the mushrooms off above ground with scissors. They will come back and spread easier that way. Think of it as preservation of free beer into the future!

chanterelles always come back at the same spot - morels you need to cut and mesh bag, chanterelles not so much - from decades of friends mushrooming knowledge. Ive only been getting them for 5-7 years

chanterelles always come back at the same spot - morels you need to cut and mesh bag, chanterelles not so much - from decades of friends mushrooming knowledge. Ive only been getting them for 5-7 years
Ok, That s probably my mistake, ive just cut them out of habit, morels yes that’s what I understand

Been getting Lion's Mane mushrooms at our local Raley's grocery stores in Carson City & Reno area. Very tasty for a cultivated 'shroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom